2021 Exhibition

Mark J

Mark, Congrats! I've seen multiple pieces by you that are worthy of submission and selection for that exhibition. Your work has been inspiring here on the forum and I'm glad others can see and be inspired by your work through that exhibition.

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the accomplishment. You deserve it. I'm still in awe of the excellent work you did completing that turning.

21 hours ago, Mark J said:

The exhibit is at the AAW gallery in Minneapolis and runs from Sept 5 to Dec 30,

Please remind me when it's on exhibit and also where I would live to go see your piece in person. I'll probably even drag some of my family along with me to see it.

• Thanks 1

Folks, thank you very much for the kind words and support.  You people have been great and a lot of what I know about woodworking, and wood turning, I've learned here.  This has been a great place to hang out. 

I'm not sure where other well known turners /artists would rank this exhibition,  but it's a big deal to me.  There were 65 submissions and 18 were selected. 

I live in the metro Chicago area.  I'll for sure drop a reminder about the show later in the year.  The piece needs to arrive in early Aug so I'm thinking of driving it up to Minneapolis myself.  But then I'm also thinking I'd like to see the show myself so maybe I'll ship the piece and make a road trip later.  There's time to figure that out.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...