WoodCraft Deleting Bad Reviews

RJsumthn

The concern is the continual drop in customer service across the board over the years.  I mean it has continued to drop over the decades instead of leveling off at any point.  

Acceptance of poor customer service is okay for temporary setbacks but not on top of what we enjoy now as customer service.  We might go back to our ways pre-covid but many companies have learned new ways to cut costs post-covid.  So there will be continued degradation of customer service in some way.  Collusion is the name of the game when new cost cutting schemes become part of the successful business model.  Meaning if everyone is doing it, it becomes the norm and it can't be used to weed out the competition.

All companies compete for profit at the expense of customer service, there's nothing we can do about it (unfortunately).  

I shop a lot at woodcraft not online but in the actual store. Their customer service is superb. I Know everyone that works there and chat it up every time I go in. Because of this relationship, they are more than willing to accommodate my needs. As far as the online woodcraft, I have been pleasantly disappointed with many things. The most recent was buying a pegas 21" scroll saw. After a couple of days use it started blowing fusses in the machine. I tried to get ahold of woodcraft to deal with the issue. I assumed that they would send me another machine and I could return mine. Instead,  they told me to call the manufacture. I called the manufacture and a guy walked me through a step by step troubleshoot. The problem is that when I was taking the machine apart I broke two plastic pieces. The idea of this was frustrating that I broke part of my brand new machine to fix an issue. You could say it was my fault for breaking the piece which it was, but I felt like I should have never been in this situation in the first place.  They sent me the part without any charge and I was on my way. As a result, I now only buy from the store directly or from the supplier. 

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Stop buying from the guys with poor service. If they dont' get money and the guy with good service does the problem goes away. I'll gladly pay $5 more for good service as the better services usually pays for it's self in issues solved.

Sound advice.  It requires customer loyalty to some degree which isn't my strong suit.  There always seems to be something wrong with the service that prevents it.  I might be a tough customer, I have to offer that, but I find myself continually looking for professional service I can live with.   

• Thanks 1

Resurrection of an old thread is often the result of Googling your issue. Google does not stop returning hits because they are old. The tone of this thread is no longer in keeping with forum guidelines. Someone expressed an opinion about drop shipping from manufacturers. It is connected to the thread’s topic. Name calling is harassment that does not help. 

A few years back, I wrote in a thread on this website about  a 2 Zinsser gallons leaking while in storage in my woodshop. Someone mentioned I should contact them to let them know. They sent me 2 replacements, I was impressed. I agree that some reviews are tainted, especially in the hotel/restaurant industry, with many small businesses.  When dealing with clients (I'm in IT), we always tell clients, mistakes/bugs will show up, and it is how we deal with them is important.  If your customer service is at the same level that most airline...you are in trouble.   We own a iRobot. Everytime we contact the company, we are over-impressed on how they treat us. My toyota dealer told me my 17 months old Rav4, with 16k miles, needed a complete rear brake job, because of rust...I contacted Toyota inc, as they control what is acceptable under warranty...they told me 'chemical' condition are not covered (it is a hybrid, so the rear brake are not that commonly used, re-generation braking).  Toyota is well know for their high quality product, but they loss many stars in my book. All my family drive Toyotas, I was a Honda.... this is likely my first and last Toyota. Again, when you have a problem, how you deal with it is important.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, bradpotts said:

I shop a lot at woodcraft not online but in the actual store. Their customer service is superb. 

I’ll echo this. My local store is great.  The owner is super helpful.  My only complaint is they moved to a new location farther away from me. Lol

Woodcraft is wrong for correcting information to give themselves a better rating. I don't buy from Woodcraft and search other options. I will buy from Woodcraft but only if they are the only ones selling it

If Woodcraft is correcting reviews, I won't buy from them...

On 3/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, Martin-IT said:

needed a complete rear brake job, because of rust.

This isn't all that uncommon in other manufacturers. I try and do a good hard brake with my vehicles a couple times a month when no one is near me on the road just to make sure all the brakes are working. The problem started happening when manufacturers went to rear disc brakes. The proportioning valve is set to something like 70% front but that leaves the rear brakes hardly ever getting used. I think with drum brakes it was set a bit more rear as they tended to have a bit less power.

So even on your next vehicle make sure to use the brakes a couple times a month helps keep them working. I have no defense for Toyota that isn't very helpful.

• Like 1

Speaking of brakes, my Chev pickup tells me how much brake life I have left, similar to the oil life. Not that I will or do completely depend on it, it is an indicator. I’ve been an advocate of some sort of electric device forever instead of the metal squealer thingy that have been in use that I could never hear. 

• Like 1