Shop tour

Ronn W

Nice looking shop. It seems like you have it well set up and are using your space efficiently.

Do you ever run into trouble with your table saw being up against the wall like that? Maybe it's just my space but i used that side of my saw often. Well after i roll it around some on my mobile base.

10 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Do you ever run into trouble with your table saw being up against the wall like that? Maybe it's just my space but i used that side of my saw often. Well after i roll it around some on my mobile base.

No,  I have never had a problem with that.  But I though about that a lot when I was first laying out the shop on paper.

On 8/28/2016 at 11:14 PM, pkinneb said:

Great shop! Is that just something sitting on the stool or...?

The stool as in the pic is the right height for the scroll saw.  If I take the top part off, it is the right height for the work bench.

On 8/29/2016 at 9:07 AM, Woodenskye said:

Very nice shop Ron!  Looks like a great space, what is the size?

It's about 15" x 22'.

On 8/29/2016 at 10:22 AM, Chet K. said:

Nice shop Ronn.  Looks like a nice clean setup.

Thanks,  the dust collection was the biggest consideration in the location of the power tools. DC is only 1 3/4 HP so I had to keep the distance to a minimum.  An overhead main with branches would never have worked

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ronn W said:

An overhead main with branches would never have worked

I know you are all set up now but you might want to check into that a little more.  I have 1 3/4 hp and I ran everything over head and don't have a problem.  I am sure I would be happier with a bigger DC. but I don't have to sweep the floors to much. :D