Marking knives and porcupine quills

Just Bob

6 minutes ago, TIODS said:

I've got a bunch of small stuff at my place you can use if you need it Bob..  You're welcome to it.

Thanks for the offer Kev!  But now that I have the lathe, my scrap pile has been growing bigger, and my burn pile smaller, I really need to get a this pile reduced. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Um yeah... I think you are good spirited about it.. but being ordered to what I will make in my shop with my very little time wouldn't go over so well. I'd show my wife where the lathe is and tell her to have a ball. 

Do you need to be reminded of the horror stories you've told of how your wife whips you into submission?

• Like 1

The trick to making multiples is getting organized and carefully executing each step in a fairly uniform manner. You can turn the handles all the same or each one differently as long as the part that accepts the "quill " is uniform. When you batch cut parts setting a stop and checking the result before cutting a bunch of parts is important.