Hijack!

Llama

9 minutes ago, Llama said:

haha

In West bend good F-ing luck finding any place open that late. We got back from a Packers game on a Sunday, nothing was open at 5pm. I mean, the local crap (fast food) was open, but nothing worth stopping at. There are a few rather decent restaurants in the area, but nothing open on a sunday, or past around 10pm.

Good tacos and burritos are sold from vans here in non-white neighborhoods. Since they also cater to the industrial crowd, you just have to know which factory has a third shift break closest to your hunger pangs. That is a benefit of being in an industrial city. For so-so to poor tacos, Taco-Bell is 24-7 in a few places here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

Personally I think it is narrow minded to think there is a "correct" version of the national anthem.

well i guess i'm narrow minded then Mike, but as a veteran and son of a veteran and grandson of a veteran i believe there is one way for it to be sung and thats with the words that Francis Scott Key put to the melody and with respect for our country

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

well i guess i'm narrow minded then Mike, but as a veteran and son of a veteran and grandson of a veteran i believe there is one way for it to be sung and thats with the words that Francis Scott Key put to the melody and with respect for our country

Amen!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

Personally I think it is narrow minded to think there is a "correct" version of the national anthem.

For a song that most people believe ends with "Gentlemen, start your engines" I have to agree with this. Having said that, I certainly prefer some versions to others... It's like a cover band. I absolutely love the Hendrix version of the song. It is the reason I wanted to play the guitar in the first place. When a version comes on that I don't like, I just put the TV on mute or go grab another drink or taco...

I think a more appropriate label would be "traditional" rather than "correct" or "official". 

Furthermore, 

The 1931 act making Key’s song America’s anthem does not identify an official arrangement, in part because the song as sung in the 20th-c. had already departed from what Francis Scott Key had known. During World War I, attempts were made to codify the arrangement, resulting in both a military “Service Version” and a “Standardized Version” endorsed by the Department of Education. That there were two competing sanctioned arrangements prevented one from dominance and, indeed, today it seems that no two performances of the anthem are ever the same.

If you've ever swam in the ocean you've most likely swam with a shark or two. If you're gonna get ate, you're gonna get ate and ain't nothing you can do. Might as well have fun. I used to love watching shark week... But now it's all about the people that got attacked by sharks and how sharks are evil. There are still a few shows (episodes?) That are actually educational and informative.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk