Hijack!

Llama

10 hours ago, Mike. said:

Chicago is more of a burrito town, but I do like tacos.  

It still surprises me when I go to other cities and I can't find a burrito place open at 4am.  In the chicago area you are never more than 2 miles aways from an all night burrito joint.  

When I lived in NY I was surprised that all the mexican food was so bland.  Then I realized it was actually Puerto Rican food.    

I have dreams about the Tacos El Norte in Algonquin. I moved away, went back there 3 years later and they still remembered me by name. 

35 minutes ago, Llama said:

plz ban

+300

1 minute ago, JosephThomas said:

Well, how much money were you spending there every week? Did you put their kids thru college? haha.

Um.. probably over $100. I'd eat there 3-4 times per week. And I got like 6 tacos, a burrito and chips and salsa. which worked out to 2 meals. So 3-4 times per week ended up being 6ish. Breakfast tacos is the only way to live life. 

the rest of my meals were Portillos.

Um.. probably over $100. I'd eat there 3-4 times per week. And I got like 6 tacos, a burrito and chips and salsa. which worked out to 2 meals. So 3-4 times per week ended up being 6ish. Breakfast tacos is the only way to live life. 

the rest of my meals were Portillos.

Yeah I think we know why they knew your name. You took food out of their mouths by moving, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, treeslayer said:

is anybody else pi*^ed off the way our national anthem is performed at sports events, i mean come on people there is no pop, rap, hip hop ect. version of our national anthem. just ask the air force, army, navy, marine bands what they think

My big complaint is when they take 10 minutes to sing it because they sing it like its a funeral durge.  

I love biscuits ! Oreos are my favourite !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

There's where the "bad biscuits and gravy" comes from.

is anybody else pi*^ed off the way our national anthem is performed at sports events, i mean come on people there is no pop, rap, hip hop ect. version of our national anthem. just ask the air force, army, navy, marine bands what they think

I think many performers twist it to fit their vocal range. The Star Spangled Banner is a pretty tough song to sing straight up.

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Never watch Shark Week the week before your ocean-based vacation.

I figure you have only 2 options:

Stay on the beach like a wimp or if a shark approaches think of it as a person who distressed and painted a piece of walnut and punch it in the face.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I will prepare a handwritten apology immediately.

Could you make it into a "hand written" form letter and post it in the reference section? Then we can all use it when necessary. There's a lot of people I need to apologize to...just cuz... you know, I'm me, and I've been known to offend people. ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, drzaius said:

I'm gonna get killed for this, but on a trip to the States I tried something called "biscuits & gravy" & I was confused. Didn't much like it.

You must have stopped short of the Mason Dixon! The Yanks are a bit confused as to what gravy is, and bbq as well. And damn their tacos as ours are fresh from across the border. Wait, there is no border?

That is not french.  At least not according to my friends from France. 

True. Just like speaking "American" is not true english to the Brits. Same thing. The French here is full of slang and is pretty butchered compared to french.

You have friends from France? Poor you! Haha. I kid, i kid. Ok maybe im not kidding :)

But with gravy???

Haha ! Heck no. I was just kidding around with Mel. We had a conversation about biscuits in chat one day. That's when the Americans enlightened me that I didn't even know what the heck a "real" biscuit was. Next time im somewhere in the US I will try this biscuit thing out. It sounds good.

17 minutes ago, RichardA said:

If you want good biscuits and gravy, you're gonna have to come way into the US, south of the Mason Dixon line, here, it's done right with pork sausage gravy and the fluffiest biscuits you'll ever taste!

Or just come over to my house. I make my own biscuits, and real gravy. Not that crap that comes in a bag.

41 minutes ago, RichardA said:

If you want good biscuits and gravy, you're gonna have to come way into the US, south of the Mason Dixon line, here, it's done right with pork sausage gravy and the fluffiest biscuits you'll ever taste!

Or you know.. Come to my house. Cause I take cooking seriously.

There are places in IL that do good biscuits and gravy. But a ton more bad ones. 

25 minutes ago, Llama said:

Or just come over to my house. I make my own biscuits, and real gravy. Not that crap that comes in a bag.

Oops. He beat me to it

• Like 1