Hijack!

Llama

You know that thing when you work some overtime and get an extra $400 on your paycheck and you go "finally, after the last $800 got sucked out the window and set on fire.. I can restart my drum sander/possible garage floor repour fund!" and then the guy comes to look at your loud washer and declares that a 10-year warranty only covers the motor and your bearings are bad - hey by the way it's $540 to repair it because labor sucks. And of course your washer was only $800 new to start with (on year 4 of this thing.)

And now you have no drum sander/garage floor repour fund. 

19 minutes ago, Llama said:

^^ This is why I like Best Buy. Their warranty on stuff like that is amazing. 

We try our best to buy local, because my wife works at a local shop and we know all the business owners. And I make websites for them. Well, these guys - can go die. Won't buy from them again. 

Lowe's just happens to have a 35% off appliance sale. So I'm going to go check out their stock tonight. Thinking maybe Samsung. The last one was Whirlpool/Maytag - which I already hated because when they moved their factory to Mexico from this very city it put half the town out of work, including both my parents and 1 or 2 other family members. Dunno why I bought washer/dryer with their name on it!

We try our best to buy local, because my wife works at a local shop and we know all the business owners. And I make websites for them. Well, these guys - can go die. Won't buy from them again. 

Lowe's just happens to have a 35% off appliance sale. So I'm going to go check out their stock tonight. Thinking maybe Samsung. The last one was Whirlpool/Maytag - which I already hated because when they moved their factory to Mexico from this very city it put half the town out of work, including both my parents and 1 or 2 other family members. Dunno why I bought washer/dryer with their name on it!

We bought a Samsung washer/dryer five years ago and they've been flawless. With four kids, you could imagine how many loads those units have seen.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

We bought a Samsung washer/dryer five years ago and they've been flawless. With four kids, you could imagine how many loads those units have seen.

Oh god yeah I can imagine. We go through one of those gallon things of HE soap every 6-9 months. Friend of mine at old job says that is about 1 month with three kids! Hence the reason he now makes his own soap. 

That's great to hear though. I only buy Samsung tv's because I trust them, but wasn't sure on the other stuff.

Oh god yeah I can imagine. We go through one of those gallon things of HE soap every 6-9 months. Friend of mine at old job says that is about 1 month with three kids! Hence the reason he now makes his own soap. 

That's great to hear though. I only buy Samsung tv's because I trust them, but wasn't sure on the other stuff.

My bad. The dishwasher we bought last year is Samsung the w/d is LG waveforce. I just double checked. Lol

2 hours ago, shaneymack said:

My bad. The dishwasher we bought last year is Samsung the w/d is LG waveforce. I just double checked. Lol

Oh, cause I walked in there and told them all about you and that I wanted whatever you got :) No really.. I did just go buy a Samsung. Paid an extra $100 for full five year warranty. They said they will replace anything that isn't related to you smashing it with a hammer. 

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Lowe's gives a 10% discount to veterans, just bring your discharge or DD214, just in case this hasn't been posted before

I'm very much not a veteran. They did give a discount to anyone with an active CAC card, which I had up until last friday! I've taken plenty of advantage of the 10% off though. Half my tools were bought with my military discount. :)

1 hour ago, Llama said:

Home depot will with a military ID. 

And.. the other half of my tools were bought at Home depot with the same discount. And yet another half, inconceivably, were bought through amazon and Eric. 

Yeah I'm going to miss the 10%. But I got more than a 10% raise for the new job so it's all good.

• Like 1

I spoke with Terry today and the voting yesterday did not go good for their future economy. Good luck to you guys, bud.

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

I thought I was going to a Cubs game and a concert broke out.  At least I got a second hand high. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

From the babes in front of Ya?

10 hours ago, Mike. said:

If I cared that much about my appearance I'd lay off the IPAs and go to the gym more than once a year :)

That's fair. My hair is apparently the only thing I do care about. As I also do not frequent the gym :) 

3 hours ago, Cliff said:

Building a new pc is a lot more confusing than it used to be. Once you stop building a new one every 18 months, you tend to not be up to date on stuff. :( 

It's easier than ever. Comparability problems are easy to research, and there is a constant flow of thousands of ppl online documenting their new builds to use as a guide.

2 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

It's easier than ever. Comparability problems are easy to research, and there is a constant flow of thousands of ppl online documenting their new builds to use as a guide.

Perhaps I misspoke. It's harder than ever to pull up newegg/tigerdirect, and just start picking parts and building my system. 

It's more of a.. things changed a lot. And yet not at all if that makes sense. I'm getting caught up. Like you mentioned, I ran into a lot of sites that are doing exactly what you say. That has helped me with compatibility issues and what is more important compared to what USED to be important. 

This is what I'm thinking of building right now: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pkphqk

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

just buy a mac :)

Considering about 80% of my computer time is spent doing microsoft .net development - no I don't think I will. Also, I have a macbook pro from 2009. It's great and apparently indestructible, but I'd never want a mac as my main machine. In fact, when I can finally justify it, I think I will go back to a non-mac laptop.