Cabriole Thing

davewyo

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

Still kicking all the ass there is to kick. I just looked back and you started this a little over a year ago. Have you hit the 500 hour mark yet?

Probably not. I took so much time off from the project during the last four months that I'm not adding on very many hours lately.

I had hoped to get the Thing complete this summer, but it looks like I'm pushing into the autumn months.

38 minutes ago, Janello said:

Dave.....that is oh so much better!

Really looking good now and worth the extra effort.

Thanks, John! I really appreciated your input on this. That first pediment was only an inch or so taller, but it was dramatically over-sized and was going to make the Thing even more top heavy that it was already going to be. Now it'll still be a little too chunky on top but it will be considerably better.

I'm not 100% sure this is going to be the final iteration of the pediment. It's going pretty well but it has its issues. I'm attempting to use solid wood where I couldn't get the radius I needed by steam bending, then use steam bending in the gentler curves. We'll see if works out...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...