What do you carry?

Ryan Grondin

I normally carry a Leatherman Surge but my normal level of abuse broke a few of the tools & Leatherman is going to fix it for free (just as soon as I ship it). So I am carrying my old Leatherman titanium Charge. I bought the Surge for its better pliers and bigger size to fit my large hands. I also carry a rechargable Cree LED flashlight plus a set of screwdriver bits that fit in the Leatherman. The weight of 3 sheaths on my belt lead to suspenders to spread the weight. It's a viscous circle...

But when I am working I can fix and adjust things without a trip for tools. The bit set even includes Allen wrench tips which can be damn handy at times. I usually have a few 3/8" ball magnets which serve as stud finders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

43b3796c0c0b3b2033e21c24dc279f28.jpg

Victoinix Mechanic, same one for over 25 years (I was a big MacGuyver fan). ONE of the reasons I avoid air travel. Knife, wallet, keys, smartphone.

BTW, I hear there is a MacGuyver reboot set to air in September.

Funny story, shortly after 9/11 my wife bought me a swiss army travel bag.  I had no idea but it came with a swiss army knife tucked into one of the pockets.  Back then I was flying to Boston every single week (in fact I was on a plane when then the twin towers were struck) and carried that bag on the plan.  TSA did not discover the knife until about a year later.  I had no idea it was in there and it had probably gone through the xray machine 70 times, or more.  

I found out my switchblade is legal to carry in Georgia ! The state passed a law in 2012 that makes all types of knives including switchblades under 5" legal to own and carry. Crossing state lines with them subjects you to Federal law and they are still illegal. The law also prohibits cities and counties from passing any law that is more restrictive.

• Like 1

Leatherman Skeletool almost everyday. Occaisionally switch out for the Wave if i feel the need. I feel naked and useless without them.

The Wave is a far better multi, it has more tools and theyre ll better quality.The Skeletool is lighter, simpler and weaker but i find it does what i need most of the time. I just wish the Skele blade was better quality. I think my Wave could cut it in half blade and all :-/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

63373141792348ec4b9d8551f1e78972.jpg

Inside the bottle opener of the Skele is a rare earth magnet, my stud finder :-)

My favorite multi is the MUT though, but that stays attached to my range bag. It packs too much awesome for daily use.

• Like 2

4 Things

Walletphone, i have a case that combines my phone and wallet i wont' separate the 2 ever again)

Fenix E05 flashlight on a key chain. Phone lights are OK but this is the size of a AAA batter which it uses and is way brighter and WAY more useful.

SOG twitch pocket knife.

kimber ultra carry.

Mainly the dip. Vice grips should be a requirement in my opinion. I have carried them since I was about 12. In the winter I carry an extra pair in my jacket pocket. One pair is good, but two can take anything apart. 

You forgot the duct tape.

BTW> A buddy and I once pulled the engine from his Dad's '68 Plymouth Fury, using nothing but a screwdriver and vice grips.

Never did put it back in, though...

• Like 1

I carry a Tac-Force 702: $7.98 on Amazon Prime.  For me, the most important feature of an everyday carry knife is that it be inexpensive.  It's the tool I use when I don't have the right tool, so if I need to pry something open, dig in the dirt, or whatever, I use that knife.  If the knife is too expensive to ruin on whatever task comes up, then it's too expensive to be my everyday carry knife.

I gave one of these to a friend on his 18th birthday, and gave him that explanation.  I told him if he ever broke it I'd replace it.  He snapped the tip off a few weeks later trying to pry something open, and I happily replaced it.  I'm glad he's using it.

I also carry my wallet, keys, smartphone (camera, flashlight, level, etc) and a Leatherman micra.

In florida I hear you can walk around with a sword. Although, it's probably shunned upon.

58 minutes ago, Beechwood Chip said:

I carry a Tac-Force 702: $7.98 on Amazon Prime.  For me, the most important feature of an everyday carry knife is that it be inexpensive.  It's the tool I use when I don't have the right tool, so if I need to pry something open, dig in the dirt, or whatever, I use that knife.  If the knife is too expensive to ruin on whatever task comes up, then it's too expensive to be my everyday carry knife.

I gave one of these to a friend on his 18th birthday, and gave him that explanation.  I told him if he ever broke it I'd replace it.  He snapped the tip off a few weeks later trying to pry something open, and I happily replaced it.  I'm glad he's using it.

I also carry my wallet, keys, smartphone (camera, flashlight, level, etc) and a Leatherman micra.

Nice theory behind it! I sometimes carry the gerber shard on my keychain.. great for prying, and it's like 3 to 5 bucks....