$99 Festool Sander

AstroDave

Just got an email on the sander. I'm assuming the bulk of the orders were on day 1 so for those that waited to order they might be even longer to get theirs.

" Fellow Tool Nut,

We have been notified by Festool that, due to overwhelming demand, we will not be receiving all PRO 5 sanders by the Nov 1st ship date.  But don't sweat!  Your sander is on the way, but at this time we do not have an ETA.  We will immediately communicate additional shipment ETA's in the coming days and weeks as we receive updates. Please note that this inventory shortage affects all Festool dealers, not just The Tool Nut.

As we receive additional inventory, orders will ship in the order they were received.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with your Festool PRO 5 sander order. We will continue to keep you up-to-date with the latest information.
"

23 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Yeah me too. It's the "days and weeks" that jumped out to me...It's almost unbelievable that they were caught off gaurd be the demand...seriously LOL. My biggest issue is I need the $50 rebate for a tool I need now, I can wait on the sander.

Didn't someone contact festool and see if they could use the rebate on a tool they purchased after the sander and before they had the rebate in hand? You could try calling and getting more info.

3 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Some guy on one of the WW forums convinced me I need the RAS 115 for my upcoming Maloof rocker build :o 

Shaneymack you may know him...very well :) 

I'm thinking about that as well i want to do some sculpted dining room chairs and some crazy guy mentioned the RAS as being a good option.

1 minute ago, Cochese said:

No email, woo!

When did you order yours?

1 minute ago, Cochese said:

Yes, any purchase after 11/1 through the end date qualifies. You don't have to have the rebate in hand before you purchase something else.

Apparently you can get it applied to any tool you bought after you pre-ordered the sander. Thats what Tyler had told a few guys.