$99 Festool Sander

AstroDave

Just now, ben_r_ said:

I believe it. No worries, Im just glad mine will ship in the first round!

I don't think any of us are concerned about a couple of days, for me I just hope I get one, if it comes in a week or a month I don't really care.  I ordered two from different places to try to ensure I get at least one, I don't really care about the sander I bought them for the Systainer, Plug-it and voucher as I use Mirka ROS.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Edgar said:

Isn't Ben_r_ sorta responsible for the popularity of this sander?

I wonder how many Eric secretly ordered???

1 hour ago, Immortan D said:

Prolly none. He's into bikes now, you know, bike bells and stuff like that.

I ordered none but not because of bikes...I have a 6" sander so I had no reason to buy this thing, as cheap as it was.  I do think it was a good opportunity to make some money flipping them if you bought a dozen or so.  You'll have to hold them for a while but I bet they'll be profitable in six months or a year.

The sander itself I find to be kind of silly.  5" sanders in general, not just that one.

12 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I ordered none but not because of bikes...I have a 6" sander so I had no reason to buy this thing, as cheap as it was.  I do think it was a good opportunity to make some money flipping them if you bought a dozen or so.  You'll have to hold them for a while but I bet they'll be profitable in six months or a year.

The sander itself I find to be kind of silly.  5" sanders in general, not just that one.

Well that depends. I have a 5" sander (Dewalt) and last weekend I wished I had a smaller one, after struggling with a pair of large frames I made.

27 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I think you have made your position on 5" sanders crystal clear, just poking the bear.......

• Like 1

I do find it hard to resist great deals even if I don't need something...and this was a great deal, no doubt about it.  But I kind of look at it like when people offer you free baseball tickets.  Basically they're handing you a bill for $300.  And that's how I looked at this sander since I have no 5" paper.  If it had been a 6" sander I probably would have bought two and sold one in a year.