$99 Festool Sander

AstroDave

Reading a few of the posts and enjoying this thread thoroughly! 

My thinking for sanders is the 150 rotex which is a 5 mm stroke when set to ROS, an ETS brushless with a 3mm stroke (ETS EC150/3 EQ) Both use the same paper. And this 125 that the thread is about and use the $50 coupon for abrasive but 400 upwards.

I have been told that the 5mm stroke is great up to 400 and then go with the 3mm stroke machine beyond that. A lightweight 2mm machine with 400 and upwards sounds like a sweet finish to me.

What do I have? A rotex 150 and an ETS/5. The ETS/5 is rarely used, bought it second hand and too good to pass. The rotex is a dream but is heavier than the ETS/5. This little 125 sounds great and would probably pass on the ETS/3 and just grab this...BUT, it is 110 volt so have to wait for Festool Australia to tempt me with a deal like you guys were offered.

Reading a few of the posts and enjoying this thread thoroughly! 

My thinking for sanders is the 150 rotex which is a 5 mm stroke when set to ROS, an ETS brushless with a 3mm stroke (ETS EC150/3 EQ) Both use the same paper. And this 125 that the thread is about and use the $50 coupon for abrasive but 400 upwards.

I have been told that the 5mm stroke is great up to 400 and then go with the 3mm stroke machine beyond that. A lightweight 2mm machine with 400 and upwards sounds like a sweet finish to me.

What do I have? A rotex 150 and an ETS/5. The ETS/5 is rarely used, bought it second hand and too good to pass. The rotex is a dream but is heavier than the ETS/5. This little 125 sounds great and would probably pass on the ETS/3 and just grab this...BUT, it is 110 volt so have to wait for Festool Australia to tempt me with a deal like you guys were offered.

The 50$ voucher is for tools only unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cochese said:

Hmm, I have been looking at the Rotex for refinishing furniture, particularly ones that had been painted. As it stands right this second, I am staring at an old dresser my wife has that has a bunch of flowers she painted on it when she was young. She'd like a glossy white to match my office stuff.

Get a 150/5 to pair with my 150/3, or stick with the plan for a Rotex?

Mirka Deros. :huh:

36 minutes ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Well crap, made some money this weekend, figured I'd order one and they're out of stock, oh well bosch will have to do for now.

Throw the $100 towards your new drum sander.  This was a deal if you didn't order within the first 48 hours you probably would have been SOL.

On 10/7/2016 at 10:56 AM, Tom Cancelleri said:

Bob might have to cancel those orders.

Ordered late with Bob, too.  So far so good.  Monday is almost over and I haven't gotten a "sorry Charlie" email from them.  I suppose I'll have to wait till Nov 1 and see if I get an email saying "your sander was shipped out" vs. "Re.: your sander, we slipped up".  

23 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Ordered late with Bob, too.  So far so good.  Monday is almost over and I haven't gotten a "sorry Charlie" email from them.  I suppose I'll have to wait till Nov 1 and see if I get an email saying "your sander was shipped out" vs. "Re.: your sander, we slipped up".  

Hopefully it stays that way for you. I had Bob cancel an order for a long plug it cord I ordered. Said he couldn't get it from Festool.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:00 AM, estesbubba said:

I'm on the fence on buying this since I have the ETS 150/5 and love the finish it leaves but wonder if the 125 with 2mm stroke would be nice for final grit? The $99 price is awesome but I don't have another Festool on my radar so the $50 voucher isn't appealing right now. The smaller footprint and lighter weight might be nice at times but I've never really found the 150 to be awkward. Plus like Eric said, a whole new collection of 5" sandpaper, although maybe just in higher grits.

Decisions, decisions...

What? :o Say it isn't so!  That's my retirement! ;)