Should I buy this

byegge

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/6046998872.html

Either this or a new grizzly. Grizzly will be cheaper by a few hundred dollars including shipping. Gave my contract saw to my brother and this will be my last saw. Not sure if I want to buy used even if it looks like it is in great shape. Plus I will have to drive over an hour to get it and rent a trailer 

That's the first time I've seen that model on CL.   I'll take it over anything Grizzly makes in a 10" cabinet saw.  Offer less than the asking price.  That price seems a little high to me since replacement parts may be hard to get, but I've never needed a replacement part on such a new looking piece.  I should note that I only buy used large tools.  That one doesn't look like it's been hurt.

There are some guys on here that keep up with equipment details a lot more than I do, like Huxleywood, who hopefully will chime in.

Kinda pricey for used, 2650 new delivered. Offer 1,600, stop negotiating @ 1,800

I don't know, for that kind of money I'd be looking for a saw stop today I think. Now, I own a 7 or 8 year old 3hp Uni, previous generation. It was much cheaper, 1,200 if I remember right. If I was buying today I'd get the sawstop, but I'm in no hurry to dispose of my current saw...

1 hour ago, Chet K said:

The router lift is mounted in kind of an unusual, hard to use spot.

That's the first thing I noticed as well. Regarding price I just sold a Powermatic pm66 3hp 52" fence with Jessem sliding table, excalibur over arm dust collection, and outfeed table with down draft sanding station for $2,500. 

That router lift is in a terrible spot, but that's easy to change. But any Delta would have to be an extremely good deal for me to consider it. To many bad experiences with Delta & too many horror stories about customer service & parts unavailability.

12 hours ago, Chet K said:

The router lift is mounted in kind of an unusual, hard to use spot.

Surprisingly I see more than a few folks mount their routers like this.  I don't know if someone who loved back pain did it and the rest copied him or what.  It baffles me every time I see it but, "folks is different".

The price is too close to a Saw Stop 3HP PCS for me.  I wish the new Delta PEC all the best but, recent historical events would make me leery unless the price was too good to pass up.  Its not the guy's fault he bought that machine at this point in history but, to inherit the possibilities I would need a bargain.

Its a great saw if functioning like it should.  My biggest concern is Delta itself....foreign owned and manufactured, plus reports of poor service and parts availability would have me concerned about spending that much money.  Prior to the redesign of the Unisaw, they were almost unchanged for decades, so parts are available for the older models.  The router lift and router are nice additions if you're interested in those items, but the general rule of thumb for used stuff is half price...give or take.  Given the condition of the saw and reputation of a Unisaw, I'd give more than half price, but the current asking price is pushing the limit a bit. 

New with warranty and return privileges is $2650.  IMO, the saw is now worth $1400-$1500 used, the lift maybe another $100 (< $200 new).  Not sure which DW router, but add $100-$150 used for discussion sake.  I see very little resale value in the table.  ~ $1800 for the package.  

Hhhmmm - https://sarasota.craigslist.org/tls/6032709361.html

Guest Randy

Saw looks like it's in great shape and the router lift, etc. could be very useful. Questions I'd have that I can't verify from the pictures are:

1. What safety features does it have? Riving knife? Blade Guard? New saws would have a riving knife which I believe is a must.

2. How good is the dust collection? Newer saws tend to have better dust collection although that isn't a given.

3. At that price, it appears to me you could get a higher quality saw than the used one for not that much more. Given that you will likely not buy another, I'd consider spending the extra money on a Sawstop with the blade brake. You and others might not feel the brake is worth it or don't like the guy who invented it, but it is a great feature. I appreciate knowing it's there in case I slip up some day; haven't yet, but . . .