China Cabinet

bradpotts

On 2/9/2018 at 11:01 PM, bradpotts said:

It is going to be stained gray.

Im curious to see your process with this on the soft maple. I did a few samples for a project I was working on (dressers for my kids) and didnt like the outcome so i went with a pigmented lacquer instead. Of course it gave a different look than a stain.

19 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Yeah, I knew that:huh:! Another good idea. But what if I have HF drill bits? 

9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Looking good.

Drill bit never thought of that. I used to have home made setup blocks around that i'd use. The scale on my plunge base is pretty acurate so i just started using that.

For some reason I have never used the rulers or scales on any of my tools. Even my incra is positioner. It would probably save a lot more time. 

1 hour ago, Alan G said:

Im curious to see your process with this on the soft maple. I did a few samples for a project I was working on (dressers for my kids) and didnt like the outcome so i went with a pigmented lacquer instead. Of course it gave a different look than a stain.

It will be a combination between gray stain and pickling. It took me about fifty test runs to get one I like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wdwerker said:

That line bore jig is really nice. I got one last year and it met my expectations. I've had the other version for 25 +years. It's mostly fit installing pulls & knobs. It paid for itself on the first job.

Yeah it’s nice to see an America made tool. Even the box that it comes in is quality. 

Brad your project is coming along nicely! I may have to pickup that jig when I do the upper shelves in my office that is pretty slick. Hey one tip on your journal if you hit return after you type your description your pics won't end up split by the pic. Might just be me but find it a bit hard to read. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Brad your project is coming along nicely! I may have to pickup that jig when I do the upper shelves in my office that is pretty slick. Hey one tip on your journal if you hit return after you type your description your pics won't end up split by the pic. Might just be me but find it a bit hard to read. 

Thanks for the heads up. I just use my phone so everything looked right. I got on my computer this morning and saw what you were talking about. Sorry about that guys

• Like 1

I must be a real greenhorn because I just saw a whole handful of tricks here that I haven't seen before.  I like the track saw track idea.  I have a clamp down straight edge but it isn't very big and the tracks open a lot more length options with out having to make another purchase. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...