Arts and Craft Sideboard

Chet

All valid points Drew.  This was material that was re-sawn stickered and then mill to final size.  I have little stickered piles all over the shop for the project and I thought I would try this more to conserve space.

Very nice, I never would have thought to clamp that way.  Would have saved me some money.  The last time I needed to extend my clamps I ordered a couple of these:  https://www.amazon.com/Bessey-KBX20-Body-Clamp-Extender/dp/B0186M8XYI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530931687&sr=8-2&keywords=bessey+clamp+extender

They work well, but now I know what to do if I need more than 2!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

They work well, but now I know what to do if I need more than 2!

It takes two people to get it done properly and thankfully my wife was a big help.

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

I've done that with pipe clamps, damn that's scary.

It does provide some pucker power, if one falls you know it is going to hit the project on the way down. :o

• Like 1

I had been looking at them for a while and finally went ahead and picked up a set.  I was thinking of a set of regular setup blocks but with these you can do three different measurements with the one block.  Check the depth with the protrusion on top, height as shown in the photo and thickness with the protrusion on the right side.

• Like 1

I am waiting for hardware and drawer slides to arrive so I am in a bit of a stall.  I did cut the drawer fronts to a rough size and picked out an orientation for then top to bottom and then cut them to rough height.  In the photo below they are wedged in the openings.

IMG_0975.thumb.jpg.7fe110a652b85ca9bf9bc6ff207ac9ba.jpg

I did the same thing with the  doors.  They are just held together with blue tape on the back side.

IMG_0977.thumb.jpg.0d9e5a59d489ea55345dd0567ac9f2b8.jpg

Even though when I picked all the wood out for the project it was all pretty much the same color of cherry, it is all looking pretty wonky right now because some has been cut and processed for a while and some is fresh cut today but I am sure it will all balance out.   May even take it out in he sun when it is done and before finish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I'm kind of sad your not using hardwood drawer slides.

I wasn't a decision taken lightly before deciding to go with Blum.  It came down to what will be in the drawers and the amount of use they will get.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

What is your thought on the doors?

I don't know, I don't want the piece looking too busy.  Give me your thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...