Poker chip case

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

This is a cool box. I suppose it's not meant for traveling?

Thanks!  It's meant more for display than travel.  The "lid" and top tray can slide horizontally right out the end, so it won't take kindly to a lot of rough handling.  But I figure it gets 8 or 12 hours of use per year, so I might as well focus on how it's going to look the rest of the time rather than when I'm hauling it around.

22 minutes ago, Coyote Jim said:

So incredible. I am very impressed.

How did you do the coves that the chips rest in? Long forstner bit.

I hope you are proud of it because you should be.

Thanks, Jim.

For the trays, I first cut off the front and back, then clamped the two trays together and bored through the middle of them with a long forstener bit.  I couldn't get a bit long enough, so I actually bored about 2.5" down, ripped the trays on the table saw, then bored the remaining 2 inches and then glued them back together.    The front and back were clamped and bored with a smaller bit before glueing then back onto the trays.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I just stumbled upon this post and I have to say, that poker chip box you built is beautiful! I love the combination of cherry, maple, and plywood with cherry veneer. It looks like a really solid piece and I bet it'll keep your poker chips organized and safe for years to come. It's great to see such craftsmanship and attention to detail in woodworking.

I've always been fascinated by it, but I'm pretty new to the whole thing. I recently got into judi bola online and I'm curious to see if there are any poker websites that are worth checking out. This forum seems like a great place to learn and get inspired by other people's projects.

• Like 2