recommendations on Table saw

KnotWoodworking

4 minutes ago, KnotWoodworking said:

Sooo i may have done something.... I was about to go and just pickup a rigid from home depot, when i called the outlet one more time. They have a PM1000 ready to go if i want it. My wife, two kids jump in the car, rent a trailer and drove 3 hours to go get it. So happy to finally have a table saw. Cost of saw, 1350$ not to shabby. Thank you everyone for the comments and direction. The saw stop was just to far out of the budget. Maybe one day. 

5C80F9DF-1B15-4CDF-8828-F8F61BBF7794.jpeg

A steal of a deal! Congrats! You'll be very happy with it.

Congratulations on the new addition!  She's a beauty. 

As to the SawStop thing, read up on proper safe table saw technique, set your own safety rules and stick to them. 

By the way, I assume there's a blade guard and riving knife, just not shown in the picture.  How about some push blocks?

• Thanks 1

I like the PM1000, it'll work well for you. Being a 1.75hp saw I don't' feel limited by it. Make sure to have good sharp blades that fit the situation. If you are trying to cut 2" thick hardwood a 20T ripping blade is a MUST. Nice part on the PM saws is blade changes are nice and easy as they have an arbor lock. Something i recently found out not all saws have.

13 hours ago, Mark J said:

Congratulations on the new addition!  She's a beauty. 

As to the SawStop thing, read up on proper safe table saw technique, set your own safety rules and stick to them. 

By the way, I assume there's a blade guard and riving knife, just not shown in the picture.  How about some push blocks?

Safety is definitely  top here. Latest pictures are with the blade gaurd with riving knife. Pretty great design and cuts down on the dust to. Came wit a push stick but probably going to make a few myself as well. 

• Like 1