Dining Chairs

Chestnut

1 hour ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Me too. I thought the 1” piece of wood against the bandsaw fence was brilliant. I would not have thought of that. 

Don't ever do it with a table saw. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons you shouldn't do it with a bandsaw too... i just don't know those reasons.

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Nice work, Drew! And thanks for journaling the details, I'm sure to use several of these techniques when I finally get around to building chairs

If you have questions or want more details let me know i have more pictures that I didn't share in the B roll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, drzaius said:

Maybe we should start a pool as to whom will finish first: @Chestnut and his dining chairs, or @pkinneb and his home theater :) Both have been stellar builds.

It appears Drew has me beat but I will be done by Sat evening :)  (with the theater interior still have work in the basement) :P

I love these chairs especially the back slat design! While I have never designed anything I have been thinking about how to incorporate Drew's design into a kitchen set for our home...but there I go getting ahead of myself again LOL

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Nut, the red handled brush, is it used as a dust brush? 

Yes i use it to sweep off bench tops an what not. It's one of those handheld brushes that comes with a small dustpan.

I was looking for that last night and couldn't find it. Thanks for letting me know where it is :D