Walnut Door

Coop

Really beautiful project and well done. I have a question. The mortice's were made with a domino, 500 or 700?  25 mm deep on both sides?  I made an outside door from cedar for my garden shed using the largest domino's made for the 500, and 5 years later, still holding well, but keep hearing you can't make a door using a 500 for joinery.  Again, great job

• Like 1

I've been waiting for this for a while. I remembered you asked me some questions what feels like ages ago (my sense of time is distorted but it probably was only a few months) I hope I was helpful. Nice work i love how it turned out! And going from log to project... so awesome!

So the windows are held in my trim pieces on both sides? Or is one side milled into the door and the other side a rabbet? I really like how the bead for that trim is nice and small but sets off the door with a minor detail it adds a lot.

My pucker moment would have been the door handle..... don't mess that one up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I cut a rabbet on one side as I figured the glass would be easier to mount with one side stationary. There weren’t too many moves that I made without consultation from you guys and appreciate everyone’s advice. I was even able to add a pin nailer to my arsenal! 

• Like 1

Hopefully we will be doing another punch list at the end of this week. I did my own this past week and using a broom stick, I found 3 small hollow sounding areas on the shower floor tiles totaling about a square foot. The shower is 4’ x 7’. The tile guy is coming out tomorrow to remove the whole floor and start over. Had I not found these, the contractor was having the glass surround installed tomorrow. His subs hate me but that’s ok! 

• Like 1

The tile guy said he was 99.9% sure that it had bonded and gave me some lame ass reason for the hollow sound. I told him that in two years when I had a problem, he will have changed addresses (or countries) and phone numbers and I’d never find him again and I’m not paying for hollow. 

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

That's no good. Good thing that you found it early enough hallow spots are not something you want in a shower.

Yeah, I told him if it was a non wet area like the bedroom, I would probably live with it. 

• Like 1