New Shop Thread

gee-dub

First pic just shows the holes cut to accept 2" pipe nipples.  Used with conduit lock nuts and insulating bushings this creates a pathway between boxes as per the NEC.  One is for the feeds between service panels.  The other is just in case I need pathway for who-knows-what years from now.

The original plan was two ground rods at a set distance. We even drew it that way originally. Current code allows the use of a WWII era technology; a Ufer ground.  This is a concrete encased electrode and this is what I went with.

• Like 2

Glenn, I know nothing about codes in your locale, but experience has taught me that conduit is a wonderful thing for accomodating all those shop changes that weren't anticipated prior to construction. Even if outlet locations remain the same, conduit makes it a breeze to re-pull wire for a heavier circut if needed.

That type of attic ladder is a Major upgrade over the old, flimsy wooden ones.  I put one in the rental house, so two big guys could get a new air handler in the attic.  It held all that weight with no ill effects.

I like those platform ladders too.  I ordered two taller ones, when Lowes had a ladder sale back around Black Friday, and they're still not here yet.

• Like 1

But where would you store your 6 bags of duck decoys ( unfortunately not used in 15 years) or your 8 wooden crates of 5 cent Coke bottles that you put up there 25 years ago when you built the garage (that has never had a vehicle in it) ? 

And ebay and craigslist are not options as I’m too old to get up there and get them down. OP’s decision is a good one!

• Like 2