What's on the bench.

Chestnut

On 9/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, Chestnut said:

They can be quick and easy. For some simple projects like the one i'm working on the reduced noise vs other options allows me to get more work in despite the handwork taking a bit longer.

What are you working on? 

I don't usually see ppl leave a half tail on the end of a piece. Is that part of your design? 

On 9/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Chestnut said:

More progress. I guess my hand sawing is louder than my power tools.... Go figure.

0927231930.thumb.jpg.4b0ff18942a971060dc7ffa91c812fca.jpg

Working on some kitchen wall bins.

Nope i guess I've just always done them this way. I guess when i do drawers with a veneer front the half trail helps me hide the drawer bottom grove. They are more function than aesthetic.

DSC_6462-01.thumb.jpeg.faaed3f6cc82bc8005cad8e00b52b64b.jpeg

On 9/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, Chestnut said:

They can be quick and easy. For some simple projects like the one i'm working on the reduced noise vs other options allows me to get more work in despite the handwork taking a bit longer.

More progress. I guess my hand sawing is louder than my power tools.... Go figure.

0927231930.thumb.jpg.4b0ff18942a971060dc7ffa91c812fca.jpg

Working on some kitchen wall bins.

Nope i guess I've just always done them this way. I guess when i do drawers with a veneer front the half trail helps me hide the drawer bottom grove. They are more function than aesthetic.

DSC_6462-01.thumb.jpeg.faaed3f6cc82bc8005cad8e00b52b64b.jpeg

Drawers look very nice! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 9:07 PM, D W C said:

Drawers look very nice! 

You know it's funny you say that. My shop is detached garage without a great heat source so in the winter, i mostly do  stuff with hand tools in the basement. 

And my wife's #1 complaint?

The noise.

And here i thought i was being quiet... or at least quieter than running machines. Guess not. 

2 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Power tools might be louder but they are often a more constant sound, especially if you have the DC running. I can run any power tools in my basement shop and the kids don’t stir at all. But repeated “sharper” sounds like a mallet on a chisel or a hammer on a nail will wake them (sometimes).

Oh i agree but the wife's perception is more important than if Hazel wakes. Also if Hazel wakes, which she always does at least once before we go to bed, it's always my fault. Most of the time that's fair, i tend to be loud.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 1:33 PM, Chestnut said:

Doing the stay at home dad thing again. Its going a bit rough soldering on 28ga wire is tricky at times.

1102231324_HDR.thumb.jpg.ba67d7d337f5d0c707c8c3f4bf02bf01.jpg

Just making a flashing light board with switches lights buttons and a buzzer.

Is that for Hazel, or are you just tinkering? 

• 1 month later...