What's on the bench.

Chestnut

On 12/14/2023 at 2:28 PM, gee-dub said:

A bit of nostalgia.  Dad bought a new bench brush when I was in high school.  He gave me his old horsehair bench brush in 1970 . . . still going.

Horsehair Bench Brush.jpg

That's great! I have a very similar brush on my bench and it's one of my favorite... workshop... I don't know what to call it. Workshop Support Pieces? Let's go with that. But yeah, love it! 

On 12/17/2023 at 6:16 AM, Mark J said:

Were you milling the metal (aluminum?) piece?

Yes.  The slot needed to be widened by a fat 1/32".  Aluminum machines well with woodworking tools for small amounts of stock removal.  Care is taken to assure the material being cut is leading into the cutter and not trapped between the cutter and the fence.  The same as with wood material in similar operations.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 5:38 PM, krtwood said:

Let me know when you get to 5000

14 months, 7 days a week making those little bastards.

And 5or did I count 6 drill presses later! That’s amazing.

@krtwood, the upper extension on one of your spindle sanders, did you make that? That’s a neat deal!! Also, what did you do with all of them. Equally impressed with your stamp! 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 6:38 PM, krtwood said:

Let me know when you get to 5000

14 months, 7 days a week making those little bastards.

Been following you on Intsagram. Thanks for that video, can’t wait to show my kids it tomorrow. 

Can you share where those ended up being sold?

I got another 10 cut out after the kids went to bed. Guess I’ll be sanding tomorrow. IMG_5466.thumb.jpeg.c9e2e1b582fda4ef27e7f694ec9deaef.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 2:39 PM, legenddc said:

I’m shocked there aren’t more plans for other animals. I’ve seen a couple of other reindeer and a sad looking dog. 

Some shapes don't lend themselves to the 2-sided bandsaw methids very well, but this guy had some success:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Case looks awesome i love the light look and the walnut and cherry. It's so simple and effective as my woodworking expands simple and effective gets more and more attractive.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:54 PM, JohnG said:

Many of you will notice my mistake(s).

The only "mistake" I see is not showing off the handcut dovetails by putting the pins on the top and bottom board. And that's only a woodworker grip no one else will notice.