What's on the bench.

Chestnut

• 3 weeks later...

We have some hall closets, they are probably linen closest but are more like a pantry cabinet in a kitchen. They are not the must usable because they are oddly sized. Once is 28" 1ide and 20" deep. The other is 23" wide and 20 Inches deep.

To make the space more usable I've been making trays that mount on BB slides. so you can pull the shelf out to get at the back. I recently figured out that I cut the drawers 1" too wide so there is no space for the BB drawer slide.  So here is to hoping i can knock the 3 glued drawers apart cut an inch off and glue them back together.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, legenddc said:

I bet all those filing cabinets were fun in the move.

Is it a requirement to be a woodworker your wife has to quilt? My grandmother cross-stitched while my grandfather was in his shop. My wife doesn't do anything with needles and thread. Maybe if she did my woodworking skills would improve...

Yesterday morning I snuck in some shop time but nothing seemed to be going my way so I stopped and went to play with the kids. My son decided he wanted to build a Home Depot kids kit so we went back down and knocked that out. After some more shop time in the afternoon my daughter decided she wanted to make a kit too. Nice to be able to do that with the kids.

Many times i've thought about making my own kits. With the kido around it's probably going to be eay better just buying them...

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 12:19 PM, Chestnut said:

Many times i've thought about making my own kits. With the kido around it's probably going to be eay better just buying them...

Home Depot used to have the classes for free the first Saturday of every month. Our Home Depot hasn't started them up again but they do have the kits out for free around the first Saturday. If I'm there for something else I'll walk by the front desk and snag a couple.

• Like 1

Vacuum press is working great.

1204221558_HDR.thumb.jpg.bc57b657b9d5a7af9b6b461d5afddf63.jpg

It wasn't building vacuum and i was bbaffled. Turns out three filter on the line wasn't tight. I'm making floating shelves probably doing it weird and wrong but it'll work. I'm fastening spacers.

1204221600_HDR.thumb.jpg.f23da59144fd901e11b7ed0981e6aa92.jpg

The melamine is the platin the perfect material for the job.

1204221447.thumb.jpg.6db042a9d706d35bba614ff3b951bc6b.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...