What's on the bench.

Chestnut

I've made these before using my Dewalt 708 which is pretty accurate. I used the Makita 10" slider because I bought it used and heed to see how accurate it is. It's not tye saw the Dewalt is, but I managed to use it. I apply marks on my table for 12 different pieces and try and stay on these marks making small adjustments as I go.  When I applied the 12th and final pice it was about 2 degrees off. I'm not complaining. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 4:44 PM, BillyJack said:

Almost done..I'll cut the outside of the ring tomorrow, remove and start layout for the cup holders..

20221005_161401.jpg.d674ef0ce1ab6d33cdb24a8e1648aacc.jpg

Looks great!! What will the final outside dimension be? Also for the strips you bent around the inside how did you get the end to end connection tight? Thanks 

Between 53"-54". On the laminations each one was applied with clamps and fitted on the end.  I could only do 3-4. Meaning 3/8-1/2 each day till it reached 5 1/2.

It's not going to be a fancy table, but I've been out of the game for a few years. Trying to get my head and body back into production mode. I figured I have enough material for atleast 6 more , not including the plywood and I have a 10 person holder table I need to complete..I've got a shuffleboard started years ago and it's been sitting. I've been lazy..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 7:33 AM, Chestnut said:

Haven't you been fishing? That's not lazy in my book. I need to do more fishing, it's that time of year again....

Fishing slowed in July with pre school had to take her to the bus and wait for her to get off at noon. After July I took an interest in home repairs and back into game tables. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 8:13 AM, curlyoak said:

Is the table built for a customer or will you try to sell it?

It's for me. I had to challenge myself and see if I could concentrate on anything wood related for an extended time. So far so good. 

I originally wanted a "Zombie" table,  but I  to complete one first..Each to mime I do one I do something different, this time I klaminated walnut for a chip tray..