That's one present out of the shop!

Tom Cancelleri

Thats so cool, Tom ! I miss your posts buddy!! We need a Tommy C journal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait until you see my next project showcase photo. Crazy time crunch to finish these presents. No time for journaling, but I'll put up progression pictures of it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks real nice, was visiting my wife's family in Virginia last year, apparently her cousin's husband is the head athletic trainer for the Redskins, guess that's what he is.  Him and RG3 were real good friends since he was always hurt I guess haha.  Didn't get to meet any players though, I did actually send them some gifts in the mail today that I made, maybe they'll give them to a player haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Tom, you've changed my mind about cnc's. Fantastic looking board!

I've used the CNC on every present this year for Christmas. Whether it is an inlay, or cutting out a side of a box with a curve on it along with the mortise, while doing the rest of the work on other machines, and honestly a lot of hand work. More pictures of other projects will be posted as the week goes on.

On 12/20/2016 at 11:03 AM, MisterDrow said:

What CNC do you have? We've got some where I work out on the manufacturing floor that we can have things done at cost but I'd love to be able to do them on my own at home. The pricing seems to vary quite wildly.

I used an XCarve 1000mm. Bought it mainly for inlays and doing personalized type things. I'm not cutting out parts for things so I've been pretty happy with how things turn out coming off it. I find my limitation is the bits. Since I'm doing intricate details and words on most things I can't move that 1/32" upcut spiral bit too fast without the risk of breaking it. 

• Like 1