Supermax Deal !

wdwerker

On 9/23/2017 at 3:38 AM, ben_r_ said:

Nice! Congrats! Good tool. Im waiting for some good reviews of the new 16-32. It would be nice to have a smaller footprint in my shop.

I'm expecting mine to ship anytime.  As soon as possible after I get it set up, I'll buzz some boards through and give my uneducated review.

As far as the sale on the 19-38, all I see is a $100 gift card and no infeed and outfeed tables.  It seems like you caught it before Rockler realized they were being too generous.

1 minute ago, bleedinblue said:

I'm expecting mine to ship anytime.  As soon as possible after I get it set up, I'll buzz some boards through and give my uneducated review.

As far as the sale on the 19-38, all I see is a $100 gift card and no infeed and outfeed tables.  It seems like you caught it before Rockler realized they were being too generous.

I bet you have your cabinet ready also.

Just now, mat60 said:

I bet you have your cabinet ready also.

It would have been done, but in the past 10 days I have worked 54 hours of overtime.  No time for love, Dr. Jones. 

But, it's close.  The carcass is done so I can put the sander on anytime, I just have to build drawers and add trim.  As of tonight we should be back to our regular work schedule, so I hope to have the cabinet wrapped up in the next week or so.

• Like 1

Yea when I read " call to determine availability " I was on the phone. 35 minutes in Friday afternoon traffic and it was mine. I got the last infeed/outfeed tables they had in stock. That box with the head unit in it is a heavy SOB.  Almost an hour to get back home ( Atlanta traffic is a %#€!¥%~# !)

1 minute ago, wdwerker said:

Yea when I read " call to determine availability " I was on the phone. 35 minutes in Friday afternoon traffic and it was mine. I got the last infeed/outfeed tables they had in stock. That box with the head unit in it is a heavy SOB.  Almost an hour to get back home ( Atlanta traffic is a %#€!¥%~# !)

Congrats on the new baby, Steve! It is a heavy mass to handle by yourself. I managed to get mine together solo, but was wishing for a hand the whole time. 

I lived in Dunwoody for a year. Moved to Charlotte to get away from that %#€!¥%~# ! traffic.

1 hour ago, bleedinblue said:

It would have been done, but in the past 10 days I have worked 54 hours of overtime.  No time for love, Dr. Jones. 

But, it's close.  The carcass is done so I can put the sander on anytime, I just have to build drawers and add trim.  As of tonight we should be back to our regular work schedule, so I hope to have the cabinet wrapped up in the next week or so.

Blue, why so much ot? 

Got it assembled and adjusted yesterday . So many nice diffences from my old 16/32. Extra width helps, wider conveyor is nice . Much better hold down rollers are also much closer to the drum. All the adjustments are easier to reach and use. Only getting 3 strips from a 35' roll of abrasive. Located 70 ft rolls at Woodworker's Supply ( NM ,WY & NC stores too) those should yield at least 7.  Extra power and the smart speed control seem to help a little but may be a big help when flattening rough wood. 

The extra height and footprint will necessitate moving shelf's in a rack . When I get the drawer base built the infeed /outfeed will line up with my tablesaws outfeed tables. All in all it is well worth the investment. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...