What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

On 2/26/2023 at 9:16 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Yep, just like Mark said. Early 1990s vintage. Very handy, until you have to go 'behind the scenes'.

I thought I was in good shape, watching my weight, exercising daily, etc... but my late 50s body did NOT like being contorted into the shapes needed for that job. Ten minutes, cross-legged in the floor, and I could barely walk!

Getting older is almost as bad as plumbing.

I had no idea. Our late 80’s house growing up had the double sink but not a triple. 

I’m late 30’s and skinny but at over 6’ and in a galley kitchen anything under the sink is not a pleasant experience either. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chet said:

If I had it to do over again in building my kitchen cabinets, I would have made the center stile removable for easier access under the sink.

Just curious do you have any ideas how you'd manage that? I don't like the look of inset doors with out a stile separating doors but a double kitchen sink is too wide for single doors.

Pocket screw? Half blind dovetail? Brace behind with a screw through?

• Like 1

Unfortunately only ~12" according to NWS spotters. Many untrained spotters claimed more but i'd bet they were just measuring snow drifts. I should note the 12" was over 2 nights. around 6" each night with 16 hours between each snowfall.

I was excited for a big winter storm so it was disappointing to me.

We're getting more rain today, wish it was snow. We've had so much rain this winter i don't want to know what the ice buildup under the snow is like.

On 2/27/2023 at 9:47 AM, tperson said:

Finally had a day to myself Saturday after I got my chores done and all I had to do was take the burn barrels to the dump and dump them. Started out easy enough, tractor started right up, weather was nice, then…time to do a little laundry (shorts anyway). I just backed out of the driveway and was spinning around in the road when the steering knuckle broke. The good news is that I was just over idle and barely moving…probably didn’t skid 6”. Coulda been worse. The biggest inconvenience was that my, now inoperable tractor, was SMACK in the middle of the road. I ended up powering down the loader, picking up the front end, chaining the axle to the loader bracket and skidding it to the shop on 3 wheels and dragging the bucket for front support. With the iron out of the road, time to go to the dump…$@*!, flat tire on the truck. Not how I was expecting to spend my Saturday morning, but the tractor is in front of the shop, parts are on order, and I still got ½ a day to work on the bedframe.

tractor1.jpg

tractor2.jpg

pickup1.jpg

bed1.jpg

bed2.jpg

Wow, that QSWO looks spectacular. What did you end up using for a stain and finsh on it?

On 3/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, GlennL said:

Continuing to work on my Pocket Hole machine. Needed to add a rough textured surface to the top to firmly hold the rails when being cut. Have to put a piece on the bottom of the disc on the air cylinder.

I'll post a details thread once it's complete.

Any more details on this? Looking forward to it.