What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

That's Really nice!   We have several Armoires from my Grandfather's house built in 1870.  They didn't have closets then, so used Armoires.

I spent 10 hours in the ER with my Mom on Friday.  EMS carried her, but they sent her back home with me in the car after Midnight.  She had to go back yesterday because her leg was getting heat in it.  They did a bunch of xrays Friday, but didn't find anything broken.  They had sent her home Friday night with a badly broken leg with just Pam and me to get her back in the house and take care of her.  The leg started getting heat in it, so she went back yesterday.  They're keeping her now after another 10 hours in the ER yesterday.  ER's are just worn down to a frazzle after the pandemic.  I am too after this weekend.

• Sad 3

On 3/13/2023 at 2:33 PM, tperson said:

Found the receipt from the sawmill…bought lumber on 1/14/23 to build a king bed frame and started shortly after we got home (at lunch first)…did final assembly last Friday night! After we moved 3 years ago, we bought the bed and since our youngest was a newborn and the old (crappy, metal) bedframe wouldn’t fit the king, we just flopped it on the ground like Neanderthals. Well…the little guy is almost 3 now and it sure felt good to sleep in a real bed with a real headboard and footboard. Based on the speed at which my projects usually progress, two months is almost warp-speed.image.thumb.jpeg.e7fc6c5cca12e2c3604c524eebf872b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b284dfe86f24d569291090be522b7763.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ac349db34bb29b4466a042d024599c72.jpeg

A walnut bed frame is next on my list. Did you use any hardware for the siderails? That is some good looking wood , local sawmill?

23 hours ago, Tom King said:

ER's are just worn down to a frazzle after the pandemic. 

Pandemic, then this winter with RSV an influenza in babies and elderly. Staffing shortages are making it even worse, it's not a fun time to work an ER or urgent care.

We went to the urgent care this winter with Hazel and you could just feel how exhausted everyone that works there is. We need more workers in these fields bad. I really hope that your mom is getting some good care. It doesn't sound like the best but hopefully that improves.

Yesterday I moved my lathe cart from one tool storage room to the closet behind my shop. Also took down my drill/nail gun holder from the tool storage room. Moving everything all around the basement between reorganizing the shop and installing new ductwork for our dryer.

A yard sale might be in order here soon on top of a few drop offs to friends and charities. 

On 3/13/2023 at 7:44 PM, B1rdhunter said:

I bought the dresser (head hanging in shame).

Well you matched it perfectly so nice work!

On 3/13/2023 at 7:56 PM, B1rdhunter said:

A walnut bed frame is next on my list. Did you use any hardware for the siderails? That is some good looking wood , local sawmill?

Curious about this as well. I used some hardware for the siderails on a bed frame and wasn't thrilled with it.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, Chestnut said:

Pandemic, then this winter with RSV an influenza in babies and elderly. Staffing shortages are making it even worse, it's not a fun time to work an ER or urgent care.

We went to the urgent care this winter with Hazel and you could just feel how exhausted everyone that works there is. We need more workers in these fields bad. I really hope that your mom is getting some good care. It doesn't sound like the best but hopefully that improves.

Wait until Hazel gets to school. Teachers are in the same boat right now too.

• Like 1

Too cold here today for serious work in the shop (45F+ is my limit these days), so I went over to my parents to help them put together a chair they had already put together, and now I'm making Jamaican patties (inspired by Junior Bake Off - my wife and I are a bit addicted to the Bake Off shows) while skimming all the cool stuff in the "Jigs and Fixtures" forum and also starting a "wish plan" for what it would take to convert our garage into a conditioned space so I would work in it comfortably on days like this.

• Like 1