Closet Remodel.

We talked a bit about this after the Lee Nielsen event.  Great result.  I still think you need to go with the pipe organ solution on the drawers.

Seriously, one smallish hole into the bottom and into the center horizontal in each drawer compartment should allow enough air movement to solve the trapped air issues.

Nice job and, as others have stated, inspirational.  Gives me an idea or two.

• Haha 1

Megan wanted me to point out to you guys that i enabled us to downsize from using 3 closets between the 2 of is down to 1.25. We still have our formal wear in another closet solely because the dresses are too long. She would also give me a dirty look if i didn't clarify that I take up probably 40% of the space. So I'm not innocent in consuming a lot of closet space.

The big thing that i attribute to consolidating as much is the ability for the hangers to slide from one end to the other. Not having the stops allows larger clumps while still leaving room to remove items. They do make standard brackets that allow for this if you want to go the easy route.

12 hours ago, Chestnut said:

After this was installed she stole a drawer..... At the moment i don't' care cause 3 are completely empty.

Empty drawers never stay that way for long!

Nice work, Drew. Good design, nice materials, and an outstanding job on fit as a "built-in". Those are always the worst.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

@ChestnutJust have to let you know.  I have come back to this a few times in anticipation of a closet retrofit.  Thanks again for posting it.

If you need any details just ask. I'll gladly measure and post what ever additional info you need.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:14 PM, Chestnut said:

The big thing that i attribute to consolidating as much is the ability for the hangers to slide from one end to the other. Not having the stops allows larger clumps while still leaving room to remove items.

I have those horrible wire closet racks & words cannot describe my hatred of them. They have stops about every 12" & it just kills the usability. Not to mention the ugliness of them.

I have a major master suite reno in the planning stage & can't wait to get rid of those awful things. I am sure that the wood I use won't be a gorgeous as the stuff you've used. Very nice.