Krenov Coffee Table

Eric.

Wow, that is fantastic! I actually had to look twice for the curves as they are so subtle (uneducated newbie eyes are the problem here, not detracting from your work!) but once I saw them the table transformed from great to amazing! May I ask what finish you used? 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

The picture below kind of gives the illusion that the legs are splayed, but they are not.  They are, however, longer than my legs, which I think is probably the reason his look so much more elegant than mine.  I scaled my table down according to the given dimensions, but the thickness of the legs were unknown.  If I did it again I'd thin them down by a quarter inch or so.  Too late.  Doesn't matter.  It is what it is.

Base is walnut, top is zebrawood.  Domino construction except for the stretchers that carry the top...those were sliding dovetails into the long aprons.  ARS satin for finish.  You should be able to guess that by now. :)

001.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

The picture below kind of gives the illusion that the legs are splayed, but they are not.  They are, however, longer than my legs, which I think is probably the reason his look so much more elegant than mine.  I scaled my table down according to the given dimensions, but the thickness of the legs were unknown.  If I did it again I'd thin them down by a quarter inch or so.  Too late.  Doesn't matter.  It is what it is.

Base is walnut, top is zebrawood.  Domino construction except for the stretchers that carry the top...those were sliding dovetails into the long aprons.  ARS satin for finish.  You should be able to guess that by now. :)

001.jpg

Those shadows indicate aggressive side light. I'd love to see that in a natural habitat. 

Thanks guys!

001.jpg

Yep. This one looks a lot better, Eric:

eric.thumb.png.97846ddb7d30e4e019da28751

• Like 2