Show us the Loot

davewyo

6 minutes ago, Alan Bienlein said:

Yes I work for a local luthier and as for the straight razor I'm just starting down that slippery slope and don't forsee me going back to disposable razors after shaving with a straight razor. 

It is a slippery slope indeed. A nice one, a finely shaved slope if you will. :)

That is a classy profile.  I dig that.  Like a long grain egg-and-dracula.  What other profiles are available?  I clicked a couple links but the BCTW site is not the greatest.  I know about the tongue and groove and v-groove...what else?  Beads?

Actually I don't know if I really want you to show me.  That 50s microphone is growing on me now and this thing is actually useful unlike that ridiculous kerfamajigger. :D

I got some nice loot this year! I also ordered my Benchcraft hardware yesterday so I'll be joining the Roubo bandwagon soon.

LN apron plane and Veritas BN

20151225_190502_resized_1.thumb.jpg.873f749f74811962cbb59d74d2b2fc1a.jpg

BSTW Set.  I made a matching cocobolo holder for them today.

20151225_190259_resized_2.thumb.jpg.6764d0bb1b0781be48e2e5c4595c044c.jpg

Festool ROS

20151225_190617_resized_1.thumb.jpg.b6201ae7cb9d83581c25de0e43086e41.jpg

My first LN saw

20151225_190251_resized.thumb.jpg.b8b34b9b96e9d1db56ff325ec73a670e.jpg

Holy smokes John, did your significant other buy you all this!?!?!? What a haul man!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, hhh said:

==>And I just like seeing it... 

BCTW sure thinks out of the box... and the fit/finish is hard to pass-up...

But I'm not sure toys you buy for yourself count in a 'loot' thread...

Yes it is.

To be fair, it was a gift from my wife. She said that she wanted to get me something. I showed her a few different things, and that is what she chose to get me. :) 

2 hours ago, Eric. said:

That is a classy profile.  I dig that.  Like a long grain egg-and-dracula.  What other profiles are available?  I clicked a couple links but the BCTW site is not the greatest.  I know about the tongue and groove and v-groove...what else?  Beads?

Actually I don't know if I really want you to show me.  That 50s microphone is growing on me now and this thing is actually useful unlike that ridiculous kerfamajigger. :D

I will be using that terminology, egg and Dracula. :) 

Eric, they have some really neat profiles. Dado, bead, multi-bead, molding, coves, and a few more cool things you will need to get.

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Holy smokes John, did your significant other buy you all this!?!?!? What a haul man!

Yeah, her and the kids. Many, many a year I got underwear and candy bars. This year I made a list....and the very last thing on the list was " And if you love me, (flip page) you'll get me this sander too"

I guess she loves me.

660556f7c4b05ee2e8263c2fa4c68c8c.jpg

Pug, gimme ur address ill send ya the rest of that beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You didn't like the Newcastle brown?  That's wonderful stuff!  Though I always but it in cans, or "on tap" at the local pub."

Guess you didnt read my reply in the xmas projects thread. Love me some Newcastle :-) I dont believe ive ever seen it in a can though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Janello said:

Yeah, her and the kids. Many, many a year I got underwear and candy bars. This year I made a list....and the very last thing on the list was " And if you love me, (flip page) you'll get me this sander too"

I guess she loves me.

Yup I learned if you don't make a list you get sweaters