Am I the only one freezing my b#@*$ off !!

shaneymack

Springtime weather here - 20C (68F) going down to about 8C (46F) tonight with clear skies great for star gazing.

You do mean 20c and not -20c right?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Originally English, but spent 16 years in Calgary - It's where I think of as home now.

I hear Calgary is a nice place to live. Id probably prefer it to here although its a very high cost of living isnt it?

And in Calgary, it's 21 & sunny.

1 hour ago, h3nry said:

Originally English, but spent 16 years in Calgary - It's where I think of as home now.

22 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I hear Calgary is a nice place to live. Id probably prefer it to here although its a very high cost of living isnt it?

High cost of living in Calgary is mostly in high house prices. Although that has taken a bit of a turn lately.

Great place to live. Very sunny, mostly  mild winters

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

You do mean 20c and not -20c right?

LOL. Just realized it looks like a minus sign. Nope it's been plus 20c here today.

• Like 1

And in Calgary, it's 21 & sunny.

High cost of living in Calgary is mostly in high house prices. Although that has taken a bit of a turn lately.

Great place to live. Very sunny, mostly  mild winters

Mild winters? Really? I thought it was way worse than here.

50 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Mild winters? Really? I thought it was way worse than here.

Calgary has schizophrenic winters. One week it'll be seriously cold, and then the next week a Chinook will blow and it'll all melt ... then it'll happen over again.

My first winter in Calgary, in early March I went to work one morning in +11C - I didn't even take a coat with me - I regretted that when it dropped to -39C that afternoon.

I miss snow.  I used to live in New Hampshire and we'd get a few storms each year that would dump 2+ feet of snow overnight.  Here in the Seattle area, a big snowstorm that wreaks havoc with traffic and closes the schools is one inch.

Shane - could you mail some snow my way?

31 minutes ago, h3nry said:

Calgary has schizophrenic winters. One week it'll be seriously cold, and then the next week a Chinook will blow and it'll all melt ... then it'll happen over again.

My first winter in Calgary, in early March I went to work one morning in +11C - I didn't even take a coat with me - I regretted that when it dropped to -39C that afternoon.

That's about it. But there is very little of the -39 stuff thankfully. Not usually a lot of snow accumulation either.

Would you rather have the winter that never began? 

El nino brought me less rain than  than a normal phoenix sumner.  And I'm not kidding. 

Thats crazy. Ya, I guess id take the cold over drought, or earthquakes or tornados or any of the other crazy stuff we dont get here. I just want this winter to be done already...

We were having hail here today, but thankfully still about 7C. I thought it was bizarre when a new employee at work was complaining about snow from his drive through Quebec. I guess I should be thankful for the ocean smoothing the temperature out by the time it hits us.

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

I hope a cold front's not on the way?

image.jpg

When did you put those in the ground Coop?  Thats a lot of tomatoes, what do you do with them all?   They look to be 3 time as tall as mine.  Put mine in the week after Easter

Thanks Dave. Not really a soaker hose but a drip system with an emitter at each plant. Chet, I put them in the ground the last weekend in Feb.. Aside from blt's and Bologna sandwiches and tomato sandwiches, they go to friends and family and my wife usually puts up 20-30 qts. In the spring and fall.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I hope a cold front's not on the way?

image.jpg

This made me so jealous my tomato plants are about 4 inches tall yet and in pots. I'm getting kinda of antsy because the salsa is about to run out. I made 72 pints last fall and only have about 10-12 left.

Our tomatoes just got planted! If I had as many as @K Cooper I'd be making homemade ketchup.

Weather here in IL is typical, in that it's insane. The worst part is rain 4-5 days per week. And because I'm trying to use a bunch of WS 207, the temperature being between 40 (at night) and a high of 65 is messing with me. It sucks carrying glue-ups into the house for drying.