New One Time Tool

I will say this. I have a bunch of woodpecker stuff comprised of rulers, router lift rings, the giant 26" Every So Often Tool framing square, story stick, and I'm waiting on the Paolini pocket rule from a few months ago. They do make high quality accurate stuff, in the USA which I appreciate. Their machining is top notch. That said I will quote Marc here and "poo poo" this 4 pound shelf pin dowel jig as something that solves no problem that anyone has.

I'd rather buy another block plane from BCTW...

Seriously, is this a fricken joke? Who the hell comes up with that crap!?!??! There are so many other things they could re-make rather than come out with this garbage. This is rather insulting for them to believe this is necessary.

Just saw this in the url... It IS a joke!!! 

IMG_1720.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Domino is better by far !

Did anybody notice the metric bushings are an extra $240 

If you're dumb enough to spend $640 on a doweling jig then you've already thrown all common sense out the door and the $240 for the metric bushings is a no-brainer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Seriously wish I knew what they were smoking in Ohio with this one. $600 for a doweling jig, and $639 for the systainer version. That's at the point where you say screw it and buy a domino. Sometimes I wonder if they get a lot of orders for some of the one time tools.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Domino point.  Add the systainer with the optional metric bushings and you are within $20 of a Domino!  That's just plain crazy. They don't even provide the drill bits.  I own a few woodpecker products, and really like them.  But, really wonder where they come up with some of this stuff.

I've got a few of their tools - love my Paolini rule and and router table with the sidewinder lift.  $600 for a doweling jig is insane - no matter how well it's made.  I'm always willing to pay a reasonable price for a well made tool - if I need it.  That said, I agree it makes more sense to buy a Domino at that price.

When I got the ad for this in my email, I was actually thinking that this looks like a pretty amazing downing jig. Way more functional than my old Stanley. Then I saw the price. And laughed.

I love Woodpeckers and have several squares and a rule, but $600, c'mon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk