Shop Move

..Kev

17 minutes ago, Cheeset202 said:

Not sure if your heart is set on living in Kalispell area but you will pass through the Silver Valley area of Idaho, 30 miles East of Coeur d'Alene, beautiful valley about 15 miles from the Montana border. 

Yeah, but does Idaho get Montana resident hunting and fishing rates? ;-)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cheeset202 said:

Not sure if your heart is set on living in Kalispell area but you will pass through the Silver Valley area of Idaho, 30 miles East of Coeur d'Alene, beautiful valley about 15 miles from the Montana border.  I am willing to bet you can get an acreage here pretty cheap compared to Western Montana.  I semi-retired here last year, bought a nice place with a 30x40 shop that would have cost me twice as much in a bigger center.  Would love to have a fellow woodworker nearby!

Idaho was actually fairly high on our list as my mom lives there just a bit North of Coeur d'Alene but, there were a few things that bumped them off our list.  Without getting into the weeds, medical facilities were pretty important to us and Idaho fell pretty short in that category.  Love that area tho and gave it serious consideration!

19 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Let me guess, that foam was your old acoustic panels from the studio days ?  Thanks for sharing and I hope the move goes well. I learned from moving my shop that time spent throughly labeling boxes is well worth it at the other end when you can't find something.

Yep, Aurelex foam to pack the rocker..  Boxes are very well labeled!

1 minute ago, Cheeset202 said:

$125/year for hunting and fishing all species! Idaho is the land of guns and hunting!  No permit open/concealed weapons and you can drive quads anywhere except the interstate!

Yea, there were no issues with the hunting and fishing opportunities in Idaho.  It's a great state for that stuff as well.  Like I said, Idaho ranked very high on our list.

13 minutes ago, Cheeset202 said:

Well, if you are passing through Wallace on I90 and need a refreshment break let me know, love to show you my shop and talk woodworking.

Will keep that in mind for sure!  Always fun to visit other shops!

13 minutes ago, Llama said:

Pics of the shop yet?

I think I have a stock photo someplace..  I'll put that in the next video for sure.  I did shoot a little video of it while I was there but, it was loaded with their stuff.

It's actually laid out like my current garage (just a smidge bigger) so, that's helping me to figure out the set up.

1 minute ago, bushwacked said:

Very nice Kev!!! emoji106.png

Can't wait to follow the new shop setup and build. Are you retiring there or just wanted out of Washington that much?

Thanks..  Ultimately, this is where we'll retire but, not for a few more years.  So, yes, I wanted out of Washington that much!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Label the box that respirator finally lands in or you won't be able to find it on the other end.

I'm sure it's labeled but, maybe not that specifically.  I think it's in with spring clamps and bench cookies ;)

• Like 2