Shop Move

..Kev

3 hours ago, TIODS said:

Final paperwork on the new house is due here on Monday to sign.  Final close is on Friday and the trucks leave here on Saturday morning!

Sorry for the slow progress..  Waiting for others to do their part sucks!

Cant wait to see videos of you setting up shop! You wont be too terribly far from me once youre in Kalispell.

Anybody who has ever bought or sold a house knows exactly what youre talking about.

1 hour ago, woodbutcher said:

Cant wait to see videos of you setting up shop! You wont be too terribly far from me once youre in Kalispell.

Anybody who has ever bought or sold a house knows exactly what youre talking about.

Looking forward to meeting you!

1 hour ago, mat60 said:

I think unboxing everything and getting set up will be allot more fun that what you been doing.

So is going to the dentist ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Now is this just your shop or your whole house? My bet is on the shop! 

That's the shop (minus the DC, it's in my truck) and most of the boxes from the house.  It's also my wife's quilting room.  2nd truck will get the rest of the house stuff.

47 minutes ago, TIODS said:

First truck (26') arrived today and got loaded today!  I didn't catch any video of it as I have about 8 people show up to help me load the shop.  Pretty worn out after all that loading!  The OF table was the most difficult to get onto the truck!

One more smaller truck to load tomorrow and Thursday and then gone on Saturday.

It may have seemed like it was long and drawn out to you but I think that was rather quick work. I mean, from one state to another in a few months...that's really something when you think of it.

5 minutes ago, Chet said:

Yea and I imagine shop tools don't lend themselves to maximizing space in a truck.  Kind of hard to stack a cabinet saw on top of a Roubo or vise versa.

You should know me well enough by now to know that truck is packed pretty well ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Boxes, systainers, lumber etc stack on benches, saws, outfeed tables quite well.  Knowing Kev it's packed tighter than Tetris !

Was very much like Tetris!  I'm actually taking very little lumber.  I had a few slabs that I didn't let go but, the regular stock stuff I donated to some local woodworkers here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llama said:

Be carful with top heavy items! My drum sander almost dove off the ramp. It looked like a scene from Marcs move. My reaction was to let the movers drop it so I could get a bigger one. :)  

My band saw (0555) went for a ride off the ramp yesterday..  Doesn't look like any damage but, I'll know for sure when I set it up at the new place.

• Sad 4

22 minutes ago, Cheeset202 said:

Kev, pm me if you want a coffee break when you hit Wallace ID, I live 5 minutes off I90.  I will be in my shop all day.

I really do appreciate the offer!

Unfortunately, I'll be traveling in a convoy of about 6 vehicles between moving trucks and help and it just won't be easy to make a side trip.  As close as you are tho, I look forward to a future visit to your shop!

Thanks to all for the well wishes on our journey!  I'll get some video of the new shop very soon!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TIODS said:

I really do appreciate the offer!

Unfortunately, I'll be traveling in a convoy of about 6 vehicles between moving trucks and help and it just won't be easy to make a side trip.  As close as you are tho, I look forward to a future visit to your shop!

Thanks to all for the well wishes on our journey!  I'll get some video of the new shop very soon!

Safe journey, hope our paths cross at some point, look forward to your shop build