Shop security and cameras

estesbubba

11 hours ago, Chestnut said:

My biggest fear isn't the theft, I never want to come face to face with a stranger in my house. Do i tackle them? Do i just stand there and stare at them? It's a confrontation i don't want to experience, I'll part with some insured property before that experience.

64-hit ultra combo, man.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, VizslaDad said:

Why is no one recommending a generously-proportioned Rottweiler? That is my recommendation in addition to the camera system.

Ha! We have a generously proportioned boxer, but he's too busy trying to be everyone's buddy instead of a guard dog. And our other pup is an ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENING Irish Terrier - all 28 lbs of her. :) 

3 minutes ago, Robert Morse said:

Ha! We have a generously proportioned boxer, but he's too busy trying to be everyone's buddy instead of a guard dog. And our other pup is an ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENING Irish Terrier - all 28 lbs of her. :) 

I hear you. Our vizsla is so friendly she might help a burglar load his van...unless the burglar were made out of hot dogs or carrots, in which case...look out, dude.

• 1 month later...

My wife is wanting a puppy but I’d be willing to spend the big $$ on a more mature dog. 45 to 50 lb. range, house broken, non yapper, doesn’t jump andmaybe licks upon request. She wants to keep him inside so no shedding and my allergies are certainly a consideration. A pedigree is a must but doesn’t have to be champion. Delivery is preferred but not to be included in purchase price. I would consider $50 but nothing more but I expect to get the pick of the litter. Color is not a preference. 

On 5/2/2018 at 9:54 PM, wdwerker said:

My boxer pup might jump 3 ft in the air and knock them on their ass, so he can lick their face. Trying to train him has certainly been trying.

I can vouch for the jump.  That pup has a coil spring in his butt, and can draw blood as good as any nurse.

11 hours ago, K Cooper said:

My wife is wanting a puppy but I’d be willing to spend the big $$ on a more mature dog. 45 to 50 lb. range, house broken, non yapper, doesn’t jump andmaybe licks upon request. She wants to keep him inside so no shedding and my allergies are certainly a consideration. A pedigree is a must but doesn’t have to be champion. Delivery is preferred but not to be included in purchase price. I would consider $50 but nothing more but I expect to get the pick of the litter. Color is not a preference. 

Are you looking for a picture or a pet LOL :) 

When I lived in Queens, NY, in the mid 60s.  Many apartments wouldn't allow pets but people would have a recording of a dog barking when the intruder made a noise like trying to open the door or jimmy the lock.  The best one was a fellow put five deadbolt locks on his apartment door.  Three were locked and two were not.  So a burglar was locking two while three were unlocked.  They would give up trying to figure out which locks were open. 

I hear locks are great with cream cheese. :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bankstick said:

When I lived in Queens, NY, in the mid 60s.  Many apartments wouldn't allow pets but people would have a recording of a dog barking when the intruder made a noise like trying to open the door or jimmy the lock.  The best one was a fellow put five deadbolt locks on his apartment door.  Three were locked and two were not.  So a burglar was locking two while three were unlocked.  They would give up trying to figure out which locks were open. 

I hear locks are great with cream cheese. :D

And a bagel.:D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

New here and just saw this thread. 

We have four Ring cameras, one is solar powered in a tree outside, the other three are wired. On the front of the garage is the camera with two bright spotlights (looks like the typical motion sensor light setup); the other two are the typical Ring spotlight cams. The solar Ring also has lights. I have the highest rated Schlage deadbolts everywhere as well, and a doorbell camera. And a dozen firearms... in case all else fails. 

We also installed a SimpliSafe security system that will let us know if someone opened a door. The Schlage locks also have an alarm on them that goes off if it detects a forcible entry.

I didn’t see anyone mention all the Ring cameras have very loud, built-in sirens. I’ve never tried one, but I’m betting that Ring siren going off in your garage, along with your plan of lights coming on, would cost the crook a little laundry bill while he left the premises. 

So that’s what we’ve done and I pray to God we never have a use for any of it. 

Oh PS the solar powered camera starts recording the same as all the rest; I’ve seen no lag in it. You do have to have a reasonably good wireless signal but the Ring app will tell you if it’s good or not. All of mine are in the -40 dB range. I do have a Ring Chime repeater in the garage, but that came with that camera at no extra cost from amazon when I bought it so I thought what the heck. Didn’t really need it.