Dining room table - COMPLETE

Chet

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Chet, I bet your red oak table is finished before mine is

I am hoping it goes quickly but if I end up with it on the bench going into the middle of April, it might not get done until July because of other commitments.;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

That is one beefy base!

The legs will be losing some size and a slight curve toward the bottom.  There will be an arch in the bottom stretcher.  Both should lighten the appearance some... I hope.

• Like 1

The subtle curves really make the piece work it does lighten the look a lot. This is looking great. I think it's interesting if you look at the pictures back to back the piece with out the curves looks great too. but more mission style. After you hit the curves in there it transforms to a slightly different style and the name is escaping me.

I have the drawing bows from lee valley as well got them for Christmas this last year and I've already used them a bunch. They are really nice to have. I have to say they are a luxury item because i was using a stick with a string and that was working just fine. Having the easy adjust and knowing it's making a perfect curve is a huge plus though.

• Like 1