Photography

JohnG

I have been to the Metro Richmond Zoo several times, we have family in Richmond and often go there for a couple days at a time. I really like that one. I’ll be in Richmond later this month and will probably make a trip to the zoo, I’ll be sure to take some photos too. 

My brother used to live in DC and would ride his bike to work/school. His route led him through the DC zoo, which I thought was pretty cool.

21 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Wish I had my camera at the ready at all times. Stepping out to walk the dog last night, I looked up just in time to see the largest meteorite I've ever spotted, streak across the sky. It traveled at least 2/3 of the overhead arc from horizon to horizon before flaming out.

I wish my sightings were as exciting as yours. I also stepped outside to “walk the dog” and spotted this fellow in my mesquite tree. 

D54A7161-23BB-4BCC-AB5B-E952EE50A7EA.thumb.jpeg.d615eece138d6babd06d6e3703cb15be.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnG said:

My brother used to live in DC and would ride his bike to work/school. His route led him through the DC zoo, which I thought was pretty cool.

I used to go to the DC zoo on a weekend morning before 7AM if I got up that early and take pictures. Once I encountered my second stroller I would pack it up. Usually be back before my roommates were even awake. Too hard to go now with our little kids and take pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Beasley said:

Is the cat smart enough to stay away from the pointy end?

They stared at eachother for about 5 minutes and then the cat lost interest and walked away. Then the possum turned around and went on its way. It crossed the fence at the same time every night (within 15-20 min).

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Shop cameras are fun things to have.

I don't know what the used value of it is but, there are some items that aren't worth the hassle of trying to sell.

I’ll probably end up keeping it for a while and then giving it away with the 24-105 kit lens. That’s what I did with my Nikon D90 after I switched to the 6D. Unless I end up using it a lot in the shop or for something else.