JohnG

Photography

Recommended Posts

Cool. I'll have to check that out sometime if we get down there. I was thinking it was the one in Richmond but I haven't been there in 15+ years. Good luck with the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been to the Metro Richmond Zoo several times, we have family in Richmond and often go there for a couple days at a time. I really like that one. I’ll be in Richmond later this month and will probably make a trip to the zoo, I’ll be sure to take some photos too. 
 

My brother used to live in DC and would ride his bike to work/school. His route led him through the DC zoo, which I thought was pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I had my camera at the ready at all times. Stepping out to walk the dog last night, I looked up just in time to see the largest meteorite I've ever spotted, streak across the sky. It traveled at least 2/3 of the overhead arc from horizon to horizon before flaming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Wish I had my camera at the ready at all times. Stepping out to walk the dog last night, I looked up just in time to see the largest meteorite I've ever spotted, streak across the sky. It traveled at least 2/3 of the overhead arc from horizon to horizon before flaming out.

I wish my sightings were as exciting as yours. I also stepped outside to “walk the dog” and spotted this fellow in my mesquite tree. 

D54A7161-23BB-4BCC-AB5B-E952EE50A7EA.thumb.jpeg.d615eece138d6babd06d6e3703cb15be.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Coop said:

I wish my sightings were as exciting as yours. I also stepped outside to “walk the dog” and spotted this fellow in my mesquite tree. 

D54A7161-23BB-4BCC-AB5B-E952EE50A7EA.thumb.jpeg.d615eece138d6babd06d6e3703cb15be.jpeg

Ah, a Texas trash bandit sighting 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnG said:

My brother used to live in DC and would ride his bike to work/school. His route led him through the DC zoo, which I thought was pretty cool.

I used to go to the DC zoo on a weekend morning before 7AM if I got up that early and take pictures. Once I encountered my second stroller I would pack it up. Usually be back before my roommates were even awake. Too hard to go now with our little kids and take pictures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coop said:

I wish my sightings were as exciting as yours. I also stepped outside to “walk the dog” and spotted this fellow in my mesquite tree. 

D54A7161-23BB-4BCC-AB5B-E952EE50A7EA.thumb.jpeg.d615eece138d6babd06d6e3703cb15be.jpeg

01536A6E-4587-4350-83A6-03437D674528.jpeg.b21b8ec93060a08dd42fb27364b31430.jpegsorry for the hijack but this seemed appropriate, friend from Texas gave me this

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Coop said:

I wish my sightings were as exciting as yours. I also stepped outside to “walk the dog” and spotted this fellow in my mesquite tree. 

D54A7161-23BB-4BCC-AB5B-E952EE50A7EA.thumb.jpeg.d615eece138d6babd06d6e3703cb15be.jpeg

What is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I’m guessing possum 

I live in the country so I see my fair share of interesting animals but I don't think I have ever seen one of those LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I live in the country so I see my fair share of interesting animals but I don't think I have ever seen one of those LOL

I saw one run across the road not that long ago. They are in our area but are uncommon and nocturnal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I saw one run across the road not that long ago. They are in our area but are uncommon and nocturnal.

Well that explains it other than walking to the shop i'm to old to go out after dark LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gary Beasley said:

Is the cat smart enough to stay away from the pointy end?

They stared at eachother for about 5 minutes and then the cat lost interest and walked away. Then the possum turned around and went on its way. It crossed the fence at the same time every night (within 15-20 min).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We use to have them quiet often when we had outside cats as they like the dried food. This is the second time I’ve seen him on the same limb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Grandpa would say "dinner!"

That’s probably the reason this critter hangs at my house. He knows I’m the only one in my neighborhood that won’t boil and bbq him. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had another good zoo trip yesterday. 
Now I need to decide what to do with my 6D body. Trade for a crop body and get ~960mm out of my new lens? Sell it and buy a 2x converter and have $ left over? Keep it in the shop?

697FE3BA-F6BA-4FC3-BF8A-F764EEE7186B.thumb.jpeg.b564595b585a6e01b15cc9e0d97fd5d3.jpeg

14E3B940-034D-49A5-998E-D47F31B5D041.thumb.jpeg.ead083496d439b14635ce11bb40e6b19.jpeg

40837AA8-2240-437E-89F4-018C489A849B.thumb.jpeg.6b7d6511b5579c043986b375bf28bb91.jpeg
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnG said:

Had another good zoo trip yesterday. 
Now I need to decide what to do with my 6D body. Trade for a crop body and get ~960mm out of my new lens? Sell it and buy a 2x converter and have $ left over? Keep it in the shop?

697FE3BA-F6BA-4FC3-BF8A-F764EEE7186B.thumb.jpeg.b564595b585a6e01b15cc9e0d97fd5d3.jpeg

14E3B940-034D-49A5-998E-D47F31B5D041.thumb.jpeg.ead083496d439b14635ce11bb40e6b19.jpeg

40837AA8-2240-437E-89F4-018C489A849B.thumb.jpeg.6b7d6511b5579c043986b375bf28bb91.jpeg
 

Great pics!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnG said:

Keep it in the shop?

Shop cameras are fun things to have.

I don't know what the used value of it is but, there are some items that aren't worth the hassle of trying to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Shop cameras are fun things to have.

I don't know what the used value of it is but, there are some items that aren't worth the hassle of trying to sell.

I’ll probably end up keeping it for a while and then giving it away with the 24-105 kit lens. That’s what I did with my Nikon D90 after I switched to the 6D. Unless I end up using it a lot in the shop or for something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    28772
    Total Topics
    388637
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    21730
    Total Members
    1529
    Most Online
    all5ofus@ptd.net
    Newest Member
    all5ofus@ptd.net
    Joined