Photography

JohnG

2 hours ago, K Cooper said:

@JohnG, I’ve never been to one of those. Do those fellows ever bump into one another?

It was pretty cool, and I ended up in the area where they were unloading the balloons and preparing for liftoff. I was surprised how close they set up, and there was plenty of bumping on the ground. A couple lightly brushed up against eachother in the air, but mostly stayed apart. 

On 10/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, RichardA said:

You should see the balloon fest in Albuquerque.NM.  my wife and I saw close to 200 in the sky at one time, What a sight.

Just posted a pic in the What Did You Do Today thread of one that landed on my dad’s property. The guy flies at the NM fest too and was talking about that one. 

It uses a sensitised gelatin and pigment mix that when exposed through a negative the gelation hardens where the light hits it and the remaining gelatin is washed off. After that the gelatin is transferred to the final substrate for the finished image. The gelatin can be colored with different pigments and you can actually use color separations to make color prints. This was a method to make high quality pictures for about a hundred years.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was a great video on dye transfer.  A year ago I gave my early 70's Canon FTb to my daughter and she's really getting into film, beginning to develop her own color as we speak.  But I told her the ultimate is dye transfer so this video will help to reinforce what I told her.  Thanks for sharing!

David

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mark J said:

Aren't you worried about dust getting on and in the camera?

Nope not in the slightest. They are weather sealed and can be cleaned for a fee.

The biggest reason, if i was worried about the camera I'd never use it. My shop is one of the cleanest danger free places that camera has traveled.