Covid-19 Vaccine

Coop

5 hours ago, Tom King said:

Not sure respect is my position on their decision.  I don't want anyone near me that hasn't been vaccinated.

So your saying that the vaccination you've received isn't worth anything.  Then it's not a vaccination it's merely a medicine, that doesn't seem to have any benefits.  How wonderful.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, RichardA said:

So your saying that the vaccination you've received isn't worth a shit.  Then it's not a vaccination it's merely a medicine, that doesn't seem to have any benefits.  How wonderful.

My car has seatbelts and airbags but I still avoid drunk drivers if I see one. Doesn’t mean my seatbelts and airbags don’t work. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 10:51 AM, legenddc said:

My car has seatbelts and airbags but I still avoid drunk drivers if I see one. Doesn’t mean my seatbelts and airbags don’t work. 

This is a stupid argument....  If you are vaccinated, and you still are able to get the disease, you are not vaccinated.  If you are vaccinated, you can still pass this disease to others vaccinated or not.  This is not a vaccine, it's a preventive medicine, that doesn't do what it's supposed to do .  Every other vaccine has protected people from the disease.  This one doesn't prevent crap.   By the way, I'm forced to wear a helmet when I ride a motorcycle, but it doesn't protect the rest of me.

I haven't had polio in my entire life. I was "Vaccinated" against it, as well as other vaccines that have kept the disease for EVER attacking me.   Again, you can spin it any way you like. But, It's not a vaccine, it's nothing more than a medicine, exactly like your every year flu shot.  The flu shot is not a vaccine it's a medicine.  Before all this woke crap, the dictionary says a vaccine prevents you from allowing the disease from ever harming you.  This  is not a good disease, agreed, but lying to the public about it being one thing when it's actually another, is lying period.

This is my last comment on this post.  You believe what you prefer to believe and I'll believe in my way.  Have a nice day.

I have a 240# or so, 6’3” neighbor that I finally convinced to take the vaccine. Since childhood, he has been scared of shots. He’s a cattle rancher and is a brute. I think his wuss is a minority. For those in doubt, what do you have to loose? I appreciate those that choose not to get vaccinated, to wear a mask in public. 

• Like 2

Good work Mark! I was looking into booster appointments as it's been about six months since my second dose now. I thought it'd be easier as time went on but appointments are few and far between. I was hoping it would be to walk-in availability by now.

I appreciate every person that gets vaccinated either to protect them selves or to help protect others. I don't fear getting Covid myself but I do fear passing it to a person that would be unable to physically cope with the illness.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, Chestnut said:

I thought it'd be easier as time went on but appointments are few and far between. I was hoping it would be to walk-in availability by now.

All of our pharmacies here in the S.F. Bay Area aren't to the point of walk-in but you can go online and get an appointment with in a day or two.

• 1 month later...

Young, healthy, and vaccinated shouldn't suffer much.

The last time I posted on this thread, I told about an unvaccinated neighbor who had died from it.  I heard later that his Wife couldn't go to what funeral services they had for him  because she had it.  She has since died too.   She was unvaccinated.  I didn't really know them, other than what they looked like, but they were both some older than me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I heard an interesting fact on the news.  We've heard that the Omicron is 3-5 times more contagious than Delta, but it also replicates seventy times faster.  To me that explains why Omicron is able to cause illness in the boosted population.  The host's immunologic response is initially slower than the viruses reproduction (my theory).  The host's response ramps up and in most cases is able to defeat the virus before illness becomes severe.  For folks who are vaccinated, but not boosted their immune systems are a little "out of practice", so the disease may progress farther.  

• Like 1