Covid-19 Vaccine

Coop

Someone above made reference to my “bugs” comment by saying this vaccine is different. That may be true, but we have a horrible track record as humans, for not accounting for the unexpected consequence. The menstrual issues following one issuance prove to me there is some variance between models. I don’t want to talk anyone down, but I am so healthy through natural immunity care, that I won’t be rushing out. I will be patient. That said, as a teacher...I expect schools will require it at some point. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 9:49 PM, Mark J said:

To date I have administered 470 doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

Thanks Mark J, I appreciate your efforts. Are you a doctor?

I am fully vaccinated. I don't like to see spiking the ball on the 5 yard line. Too much of that. I hear about people that want freedom of choice on these various items. Like masks. If I want to drive 70 in a 35 zone to feel free is crazy. The freedom we have is to make our rules by majority. No autocrat or dictator making the rules. I am thankful to follow the majority rule even if I don't agree.

• Like 2

My family and most of our extended family are now completely vaccinated. So are most of my friends. I have a couple extended family members & friend that "afraid" to get vaccinated or are waiting for one reason or another. This is their choice.

Our family is planning our annual family picnic in July and we have respectfully asked our family members that have not been vaccinated not to attend.

I was ate our local Costco today and they have loosened their mask requirements for vaccinated people (base on the honor system) which I don't agree with since they are a vaccination site. The fact that unvaccinated people have to enter the building they are at risk if there are other unvaccinated people in the building that may not be wearing mask. Even though I am vaccinated, I am higher risk for COVID so I have chosen continue to wear mask in doors until there is more data for a longer period of time to show the continued effectiveness of the vaccine. 

As for side affects, my wife got the Moderna and she did note feel good for 2-3 day and had a sore arm on both injections. My son ,daughter and myself got the Phizer and we all had sore arm and were tired for a couple days and mild headaches on the 2nd day.

• Like 1

I got a pneumonia shot a couple of months ago.

The pneumonia shot is a vaccine that helps protect you against pneumococcal disease, or diseases caused by bacteria known as Streptococcus pneumoniae. The vaccine can help protect you from pneumococcal disease for many years.Aug 21, 2018

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, rainjer said:

I have decided just to keep wearing it for now in public places. It seems it is about 50/50 if a store is still requiring them. 

Because all of my family chose to get the vaccine, I was able to get together with my parents, bother & sister-in-law, nieces & nephews and their kids for the first time since Christmas of 2019 mask free. 

Same. Too many people around here anyway. We have 2 young children who aren't able to get the vaccine yet and it's easier to wear them then explain why they have to and we don't. I know that I could explain it, but you try having a logical conversation with a 3 year old.

• Like 1