MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

RichardA

In 5 days I join the ranks of all Octogenarians.   There are ups and downs to getting this old.  For me after all the medical problems I've had I made it this far.  I don't have a clue how. But I do know this.  At my age things happen that allow you to live one more day. I will be a non woodworker from here on out.  I can't remember for two steps what the measurement was that I took two steps ago.  Having had a bunch of nerve problems my hands shake to much for me to put them anywhere near a moving blade of any kind. So, I'm getting out of the woodworking hobby.

My shop is up for sale, most of my tools are for sale. Large items are pick up only, small tools will be mailed plus shipping.  If anyone is interested drop me a line.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!   YEE HAW!

• Like 2

Congratulations for getting that far. I am 8 years behind you. Cant work on the floor or a ladder. But I am still good at bench level. Just 2 or 3 hours. John Wayne said," getting old ain't for sissies"! So true. Can you find another hobby? My back up plan is my orchid collection. All the best!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

@RichardA happy early birthday! Even though you can’t woodwork anymore I hope you stick around here and continue sharing all your knowledge. Best of luck selling your shop. Post some pictures here if you have the chance. I’m sure some of us would be interested in picking some things up. 

Best wishes on this next phase for you @RichardA.  Your input has been valuable and I am sure it still will be.  Passing on our knowledge and experiences is one of the best things we can do for our fellow man.  It took a bandsaw incident for my dad to understand that it was time to call it quits on the larger machines.  I hope I do more like you as father time continues to make my future shorter and my past longer :lol:.

• Like 2

Like everyone has said, Richard, the time to call it quits is when you think it's time, not when you realize it was time, but we'll be glad for your continued presence here.  And  maybe another hobby will find your interest, too.  Merry Christmas to you and a Happy Birthday as well.