Best sitcom of all time..

Boatworks Today

27 minutes ago, ColinF said:

I'd have to say mash would be my favorite, I remember watching reruns with my dad when I was a little kid. I haven't heard anybody mention mamas family, that was a pretty funny show. 

Funny that you should mention Mama's Family. Vicky Lawrence is doing a live show here in Hutchinson this month. We have tickets already.

She was scheduled for Dec. and the tickets were a birthday gift from my daughter but, Vicky got sick and had to re schedule for Jan. Really looking forward to the show!  

P.S. MASH was one of those shows that my daughter and I always watched together and we are fairly good at trivia for MASH shows. :)

2 minutes ago, Rapid Roger said:

Funny that you should mention Mama's Family. Vicky Lawrence is doing a live show here in Hutchinson this month. We have tickets already.

She was scheduled for Dec. and the tickets were a birthday gift from my daughter but, Vicky got sick and had to re schedule for Jan. Really looking forward to the show!  

P.S. MASH was one of those shows that my daughter and I always watched together and we are fairly good at trivia for MASH shows. :)

I have all 11 seasons of mash on DVD, my wife is pretty sick of mash? Vicky is a funny woman, it should be a good show!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rick A McQuay said:

My all time favorite is, As Time Goes By; hilarious and heartwarming. Lots of good ones after that. Another favorite is 3rd Rock from the Sun. Both have one thing in common, perfect comedic timing.

-- Rick M

3rd rock was a great show. Made watching John lithgow as a serial killer kinda weird... Dexter! That's the name of the show he was a serial killer in. Freaky...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodbutcher74 said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Beverly Hillbillies or Green Acres. Who couldn't wait for Elly May to go to the cement pond. I Dream of Jeannie. Barbara Eden, WOW!

And the fancy eat'n table with the stuck on green table cloth in the Billyard fancy eat'n room where you could pass food with the notched pot passers and meat stabbers :D

5 hours ago, vinnyjojo said:

No better time for me to mention that the Big Bang theory is the worst sitcom of all time.

If Arrested Development counts as a sitcom, it gets my top vote.

Seinfeld of course is the yardstick by which to measure all sitcoms.

Good man. Hating on BBT. Welcome to the dark side. 

I can't believe I forgot Arrested Development too. I watch that yearly. 

Hmmm...of all time? Well, probably going to have to run with Seinfeld with that one. Wasn't my favorite, but I think the masses agree that the "show about nothing" probably was the greatest.

Honestly, my favorites growing up were Home Improvement (back when Tim Allen was funny) and Everybody Loves Raymond. Brad Garret and Betty White cracked me up.

Seinfeld wouldn't make my top 100 - He's a dork!  As long as I'm pissing people off, I hated Friends too..  Beyond stupid..

I like Friends as a guilty pleasure but wouldn't rank it highly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with 'Cheers' but is it timeless?  We'll see what happens with 'Friends'.  

There has to be a real dynamic amongst your actors to make a great series. 'Three's Company' had it even though the plots were bad.  In my opinion even with the bad plots, 'Three's Company' with it being an older show, still has more timeless quality than 'Cheers'.  But growing up there was nothing better than 'Cheers'. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 6:46 PM, ColinF said:

I have all 11 seasons of mash on DVD, my wife is pretty sick of mash? Vicky is a funny woman, it should be a good show!

Finally got to go see Vicky Lawrence and Mama last night. :)

It was a good show and funny but, I was sitting too close to a speaker. Between her high pitched voice, her rapid speech pattern, the loud speaker and my hearing issues it was hard for me to catch a lot of the jokes.

It was a sell-out crowd but for a small town (40,000) that is not hard to accomplish. We did enjoy it though.

Rog