Hijack!

Llama

3 hours ago, Cliff said:

I read a whole article this morning about Kim Jung Un getting blown up and dying. I think it was a lie, cause nobody else picked it up. Still, is it possible I slipped into a parallel universe where that happened then came back here? 1Q84 style.

Not sure how the supreme leader of the DPRK could possibly be injured since he locks himself away in a hole eating crispy cream, drinking Hennessey, and passing x box..  dang no wonder he's packing the pounds on. 

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

Not sure how the supreme leader of the DPRK could possibly be injured since he locks himself away in a hole eating crispy cream, drinking Hennessey, and passing x box..  dang no wonder he's packing the pounds on. 

Dont forget listening to Katy Perry while he does all those things. 

• Like 1

Nothing is more frustrating than finishing, accepting for responding to finishing questions.  I think all finishing problems can be solved with the following advice:

1) don't stain.  Nothing good comes of it.

2) You are not a chemist.  Knock if off with the homebrew "2 parts this, 1 part that, a little wax and a glob of spit".  Just buy something and follow the instructions on the can.

3) Surface prep.

+1 For some reason people love to complicate this. Really confuses me...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike. said:

no I am authority on not staining :)

But seriously, I am not anti-stain as a lot of people here.  However staining does dramatically increase the likelihood for problems....

I agree. Staining may not be for the noob. In fact, water based is the only finish a noob should be allowed to use. :D

Woodworking paradoxes:

100% of woodworkers claim to only rip flat, square stock on their tablesaws.  30% of woodworkers don't own a jointer because "who needs that, I have a planer"

Cmon Mike get it straight. Is it 30% or 50%? You said 50% in your other post. =)

• Like 1

Nothing is more frustrating than finishing, accepting for responding to finishing questions.  I think all finishing problems can be solved with the following advice:

2) You are not a chemist.  Knock if off with the homebrew "2 parts this, 1 part that, a little wax and a glob of spit".  Just buy something and follow the instructions on the can.

3) Surface prep.

Reverse order.

• Like 2

Just now, Mike. said:

In my other post I said 50% of woodworkers don't own a jointer.  In this post I said 30% of woodworkers don't own a jointer because they think a planer is all they need.   entirely consistent.  The other 20% don't own a jointer because pallet wood comes flat, I guess.  

Now I'm not sure whether I do own a jointer or not.

In my other post I said 50% of woodworkers don't own a jointer.  In this post I said 30% of woodworkers don't own a jointer because they think a planer is all they need.   entirely consistent.  The other 20% don't own a jointer because pallet wood comes flat, I guess.  

This is way too complicated for my puny brain. You actuaries are so dang smart !

40 minutes ago, Mike. said:

The other 20% don't own a jointer because pallet wood comes flat, I guess.  

I'll admit it... I make things out of beautifully figured hardwoods because I'm don't have the skill to make pallet wood look like anything that someone would pay for. Not saying that anyone has that skill, but I know I don't. :) 

7 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Well that sounds pretty awesome to me. 

I think I just read one of those fake articles.. some idiot posted it to reddit.

5 hours ago, Mike. said:

3) Surface prep.

Agreed. Stain is horrid. Period. That's my opinion. I never want to mix my own finish. 

Myself and 3 co-workers got thru with a class early yesterday in New Orleans and went to the airport to try and get an early flight out with no success. So we bought a deck of cards and played blackjack and drank beer for 5 hours. Today's not going to be productive! 

• Like 1