Hijack!

Llama

On June 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Llama said:

I am starting this thread so it will give us hijackers a place to be free.

I'll start by asking something, and it it stays on topic for more than let's say 5 posts, then it should get locked.

What is the best place in Ohio to get a burger?

Thought I would give this thread a little help as it got off to a slow start initially.

48 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Texas!?!?? You barbarians roast BEEF, and call it Barbeque!!! Everyone knows it ain't real barbeque unless its WHOLE-HOG, baby! ?

Be nice! Prior to these last two years, we didn't have enough rain to create the mud that those pigs require. Now we have so much, it would be over their heads. If it ain't beef, it's a side order!

• Like 1

Last couple of days my sewer has been backing up. When I drain water upstairs "poo-poo water" comes up in the shower downstairs. I think I'll call someone today.

A toilet is one of those instances where our dependence on all the Mod Cons is really pointed out. I mean, what are you going to do in a house that has no sewer? I may be going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say a home without a fully functional crapper is not a proper home.

1 hour ago, davewyo said:

I may be going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say a home without a fully functional crapper is not a proper home.

I once stayed a night at an old rural guest house in India - a pretty little bungalow in its own grounds. The Chowkidar (caretaker) showed me my room, a clean well decorated room with an en-suite shower, but no toilet. When I asked him where the toilet was, he opened the French-windows that opened onto the back lawn, and waved his hand saying "open toilet". The next morning I saw a young girl walking round the garden with a basket on her head keeping the lawn clean - That was when it really stopped feeling like a proper guest-house.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iceballs Burnham said:

I think for father's day I'm going to get myself a respirator and a Dust Deputy. Right before I crammed the bed frame into my tiny shop, I cleaned it like it's never been cleaned before. I finally got rid of some random scraps and bits and pieces that have been taking up space for years. I hooked up the blower, opened the doors, and blasted everything. Covered the driveway. My current dust collection system is a broom and dust pan. I'd like to try and keep it clean... cleaner. I read a few threads here and the Dust Deputy seems like it's worth a shot. I don't know if I'll make it stationary and run a couple hoses from it or make a vertical setup and roll it around. Stationary with 1 hose would probably take care of it. I've only got an 8x10 workspace. Just have to find some place to put it.

0Tz8rZx.jpg

I noticed the normal DD is on sale a few places for $80 instead of $100 right now...

5 hours ago, Mike. said:

I have worked for the same company for 15 years and I have literally zero personal belongings at the office.  If I quit today I could walk out with the bag I walked in with this morning.  

I started working during the height fo the dotcom era (~1998).  My company was firing people every day.  A security guy would stand over the firee's shoulders as they packed their cubicles.   I watched as people tearfully collected their college penants, gold fish bowls, entire collection of college text books, figurines, world maps with pins indicating the firee's "world" travels (typically Cancun, Niagara Falls and Wisconsin Dells) and all the other stupid crap people keep at their offices.   I said to myself "self, that will never be me".  

Nothing wrong with that. I dig that philosophy. I had quite a bit of stuff. Mostly because I can't stand to be without anything I'll ever need. Like pain killer, floss, paper plates, foil (for slowly reheating pulled pork in the convection oven,) paper cups, forks, knives, spoons, napkins, etc. But the only possessions I actually cared about would be the picture my wife made me bring to work from our wedding and my super expensive blue tooth headphones. 

5 hours ago, shaneymack said:

So just to be clear, when you have conversations with yourself, you address yourself as "self" ? I always call myself Shane.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I don't know that I call myself self but whenever I say "I told myself," I also always follow it up with "self.. " because it got stuck in my head. A character in the 90's cartoon Talespin said it. Somehow it became part of my personality from when I was a kid. 

Also.. Wooo it came. Though apparently I can't hold camera still long enough.. dumb.

20160614_162552.jpg

• Like 1

Had a realtor come to the house on Sunday. Three of them actually... House isn't on the market yet, but she has someone coming over for a "sneak-peak" and if they like it they will be writing an offer. This will save us hassle, and money on the commission.

winner winner, chicken dinner 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Llama said:

Had a realtor come to the house on Sunday. Three of them actually... House isn't on the market yet, but she has someone coming over for a "sneak-peak" and if they like it they will be writing an offer. This will save us hassle, and money on the commission.

winner winner, chicken dinner 

The offer would have to be pretty damn impressive for me to not let an open market determine the value.  Especially where I am,  inventory is very slim driving prices up.