Hijack!

Llama

Just now, chrisphr said:

Sure, but isn't it the core of node exclusion argument that there is definitive criteria in which to exclude such nodes? Any child can see the node extraction theory does not simplify the subject analysis because such analysis itself is rigorous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.  They'd spend their time better if they improved the accuracy of their simulation models.

11 minutes ago, ncfowler said:

so tell me again why did you buy it?

Cause HonDUH!

I'd been mowing my dad's yard for the last 20 years with the exact same model esentially except 20 years old. figured $700/20 is less than $300/5

11 minutes ago, bradpotts said:

The lead on my pencil broke like five times in a row. I threw it across the shop. Was that justified or do I have a bad temper?

Depends on if you turned green or not.

• Like 1

I used to worry about hijacking but then I noticed that it happens all the time. Oh Wait! That's on topic. I never intended to answer the OP. I swear! I didn't!:)

I'm pretty psyched. My cats haven't crapped in the garden in weeks, and the peas and squash are coming up. Do you think that I'm eating cat piss if I eat the peas say three months later? I couldn't give a damn about the squash. I love eating peas right out of the garden.

Anybody else feel like Jordan Spieth is maybe back on track? I hope he wins the Open.

• Like 1

So a few days ago we found a baby bunny. Literally a day or so old. Just wiggling around outside a hole in our yard. Our dog wanted badly to eat it. The humane society said to leave him alone, likely anything we do would kill it. We kept a cage around him as he slowly wiggled across the yard in search of his mom. Today he died. 

I threw him over the fence.

I kind of miss him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davewyo said:

I used to worry about hijacking but then I noticed that it happens all the time. Oh Wait! That's on topic. I never intended to answer the OP. I swear! I didn't!:)

I'm pretty psyched. My cats haven't crapped in the garden in weeks, and the peas and squash are coming up. Do you think that I'm eating cat piss if I eat the peas say three months later? I couldn't give a damn about the squash. I love eating peas right out of the garden.

Anybody else feel like Jordan Spieth is maybe back on track? I hope he wins the Open.

Carry a glass of water with you, dunk the freshly picked pea in the cup, should be good to go.  Or carry a glass of scotch, alcohol should kill anything.  Either way good to go. 

Somehow I think Phil will be in the lead and blow it again like at most US Opens.

1 minute ago, chrisphr said:

My 4 yo just walked down stairs to report that the dog ate "human poop". I'm kinda drunk and confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess indoor plumbing hasn't reached your area yet?

• Like 1

I can’t remember the title and author of a short story I read years ago. It was part of a collection of sci-fi/fantasy stories. I’ve been racking my brain and skimming through our books and can’t figure it out.

From what I remember, it started with a man walking past an alley, when a second man rushes out of the alley and asks him frantically for an odd object (a trombone slide maybe?). Our pedestrian doesn’t have one, and was disturbed at being accosted. The second man runs off down the street, babbling about finding that object.

Do any of you have any idea of what that story is called or who wrote it?

5 minutes ago, sjk said:

I can’t remember the title and author of a short story I read years ago. It was part of a collection of sci-fi/fantasy stories. I’ve been racking my brain and skimming through our books and can’t figure it out.

From what I remember, it started with a man walking past an alley, when a second man rushes out of the alley and asks him frantically for an odd object (a trombone slide maybe?). Our pedestrian doesn’t have one, and was disturbed at being accosted. The second man runs off down the street, babbling about finding that object.

Do any of you have any idea of what that story is called or who wrote it?

No. but - https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue - they will if anyone does. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Someone suggested mentioning Donald and what's her name but I don't think that's a good idea.

Duck, Donald Duck. I think he was dating Minnie Mouse... I mean, that's the story I remember. Donald Duck went up a hill and saw Minnie picking some flowers. They started dating, and then they started a new show. 

• Eric. locked this topic
  • Eric. unlocked this topic