Hijack!

Llama

19 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I'm celebrating another not a father's day, no wood for me.

There are pills for such an issue... 

2 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

You always try to start the hottest threads, it's just they usually get locked fairly quickly!  

I really don't try to start hot threads... I usually strike a nerve. It just happens.. Either I say what others are thinking, or I'm just an ass... :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llama said:

There are pills for such an issue... 

I really don't try to start hot threads... I usually strike a nerve. It just happens.. Either I say what others are thinking, or I'm just an ass... :)

Usually the latter ;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

i want wood:o

Good luck my friend. May your wishes be fulfilled. Unless it's walnut, don't share with us?

my very first car was a '64 Fairlane that I got when mom got a new car. It was an automatic but I used it as a standard, stressing all 3 gears. Mom must have done the same when she had it, as it didn't last 3 months after I got it. POS!

9 hours ago, sjk said:

I used to work with a bright software engineer who had a small stuffed llama on his desk.  Didn't look a thing like Mel.

(Neither the stuffed llama or the software engineer).

I have a small collection of stuffed llamas. I call them action figures. 

12 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Hoping my prescription safety glasses get in this week. I'm pumped. When I started I bought the dewalt safety goggles that go over my glasses, but they fog up and thus don't get used.

I went that route a couple of months ago and haven't regretted it. It's so nice having only one pair of glasses on your face. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SawDustB said:

I went that route a couple of months ago and haven't regretted it. It's so nice having only one pair of glasses on your face. 

Not cheap though. I bought 3 pairs of glasses last week. Regular, sun glasses, safety glasses. $822. Glad I have FSA. The safety ones were over $300 even after 30% discount (2nd and 3rd pairs get 30% off)

Just now, Cliff said:

Not cheap though. I bought 3 pairs of glasses last week. Regular, sun glasses, safety glasses. $822. Glad I have FSA. The safety ones were over $300 even after 30% discount (2nd and 3rd pairs get 30% off)

Wow, that's pretty steep.  I got mine online from Clearly contacts here in Canada, I think it was $125 Canadian (after a 15% off coupon). My prescriptions's pretty basic, though, so no fancy lenses.

Just now, SawDustB said:

Wow, that's pretty steep.  I got mine online from Clearly contacts here in Canada, I think it was $125 Canadian (after a 15% off coupon). My prescriptions's pretty basic, though, so no fancy lenses.

I didn't shop around, I bet I could have sent my prescription to a company and got a better deal. I have to use the FSA card up before I quit in a week anyway so price was not a big consideration.