What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

15 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

It's a great idea.  Do you have any weight in the rear to counter the weight of the water?  My rear tires are liquid filled and I have a ballast box when using my forks for heavy stuff.

Yep. Loaded tires and 5’ bush hog (500lb) on the 3pt. I’ve carried 2 filled 55gal barrels on a pallet without issue and could definitely handle more. Since I had to keep the loader higher up with this setup, I was cautious driving down our hill and had it in 4wd, but the rear didn’t lighten up as much as I thought it might. 

• Like 1

Water is not That heavy.  Crushed granite is about 2-1/2 times as much per cubic foot, if I'm remembering that right.

When I put new tires on the back of the John Deere, they sucked 55 gallons of fluid out of each tire, and put it back in the new ones.

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

After 42 years of shooting trap I got my first 25 straight :)

That is pretty cool.  Congratulations.

I had a neighbor that got me into trap shooting back in the early 80's.  I got 18 birds on my first try and never cam close to that again.  Gave it up after a couple of years because of a growing family and we moved out the area.

• Thanks 1