What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

What's the point of having laws if they aren't enforced..... this is beyond stupid. It's probably the reason they committed 350 robberies in the last week... they know they won't be charged.

We had a card hacked a few years ago.  They used it for two trips to Buffalo WiId WIngs restaurant on Long Island, ordered masks from some place in WIsconsin, a few other things, and paid their electricity bill of over $400 on Long Island.  I only caught it a week or so after.

I called the restaurant, and they reversed the charges without wanting to waste any time.  I called the mask place, and they wouldn't give me the address that they shipped the masks to, but said they would tell any police I sent to them.  I called P,S, & G about the power bill being paid, and "they didn't want to open that can of worms."  Just said to call the card company.

I searched for police departments on Long Island, and found more than one.  I called one, asking if they'd had any crimes committed with perps wearing masks, and they said they hadn't.  I told him about the power bill being paid, at which time he got short tempered, and yelled,"  JUST CALL THE F______ING BANK.  THEY'LL GIVE YOU YOUR F____ING MONEY BACK!!!!"

I did.  The total was significantly more than $600, but I guess not enough for them to bother with.  We had the perps dead cold.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Was going to buy some plywood this week ran out of time. I just checked to make sure they had stock and the price doubled since Wednesday.... Guess I'm going to try and make these from stock on hand.

I was at Lowe’s a couple of days ago and the 3/8” osb cost almost the same as 3/4” maple. I think the maple is really old stock and i have a feeling they won’t be ordering anymore of the maple ply anytime soon because of lack of demand but even at this price osb is still in high demand.  

On 5/12/2021 at 11:00 AM, Chestnut said:

There have been some nice announcements in EVs lately that has me excited. The Ford lightening which is my favorite pickup of all time. Likely going to be utterly ruined now but i still have hope. Also Subaru is putting out an EV which is more likely for me to buy.

I saw that Biden got to drive the F-150 Lightening yesterday and gave the Ford PR guy a heart attack when he said it did 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Hopefully it will be lighter then the new Hummer EV which weighs over 9,000 lbs and does 0-60 in 3.something.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, legenddc said:

Hopefully it will be lighter then the new Hummer EV which weighs over 9,000 lbs and does 0-60 in 3.something.

Contrary to your wish, I look forward to an all-electric heavy vehicle that has towing / carrying ability AND range comparable to its ICE - equipped counterpart. Assuming battery tech ever progresses to the point where a full recharge can be achieved in acceptable time.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Contrary to your wish, I look forward to an all-electric heavy vehicle that has towing / carrying ability AND range comparable to its ICE - equipped counterpart. Assuming battery tech ever progresses to the point where a full recharge can be achieved in acceptable time.

I would certainly get behind an all electric pickup truck except for the fact that I would like to tow my camp trailer but I don't see national state park campgrounds installing a bunch of charging stations.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Oh I'm all for that. My concern with the Hummer is too much power and a 9,000+lb vehicle is going to result in a lot of accidents. We're talking twice the weight of a full size truck and 0-60 in 3.something seconds.

Rumor has it the F-150 battery weighs 1,800 lbs alone but I'd guess it will be well under 7,000 lbs when it's launched.

22 minutes ago, Chet said:

I would certainly get behind an all electric pickup truck except for the fact that I would like to tow my camp trailer but I don't see national state park campgrounds installing a bunch of charging stations.  

Actually I think there will be some solar charging stations soon at state parks. Jeep is looking to do it on some off-road trails already.

I'd buy that F150 Powerboost today if not for its $74K price tag LOL. On a more serious note I would absolutely buy a hybrid for quicker 0-60 as well as improved fuel economy but becuase I live in the country and work from home don't think I would ever own an electric only vehicle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, legenddc said:

... too much power...

We're talking twice the weight of a full size truck ...

That's like claiming you have too many clamps! :lol:

I don't what you drive, but my Ram is about 6000, so not all that far off. I think the Hummer has a boatload of "extra ammenities" adding to that total, not just the battery. If only GM had stolen Audi's fly-ahead drone headlight idea...

• Like 1

It actually worked very well. I was able to water out 14 orchard trees and ~60-70 berry bushes from the seat of the tractor. Since we don’t have running water near any of that, this was significantly faster and I was able to more thoroughly water them. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Since we don’t have running water near any of that, this was significantly faster and I was able to more thoroughly water them. 

It's a great idea.  Do you have any weight in the rear to counter the weight of the water?  My rear tires are liquid filled and I have a ballast box when using my forks for heavy stuff.