What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

ProFinder 6000 $29.95  

http://www.precisionstudsensors.com/index.php

Just played with it in the store. No calibration ,push the button, put it on the wall and it reads instantly. I always have 2 or 3 ball magnets on my belt but plenty of times a stud is there but there aren't any nails in it.

Got a lot of drapery rods to hang at the girlfriends house. I'm pretty sure the builder/drywall crew used glue to hang the sheets with fewer fasteners.  I hate hanging rods on drywall anchors ! After this weekend I will let y'all know what I think of it.

I don't see it detecting electricity as being a feature.  Long cabinet hanging screws and wires are a bad mix. Time will tell. Maybe I have to use the Franklin first ?

This is made by Franklin.

Interesting it's not clear on the website, but I downloaded the pdf manual and there it says Franklin.   

On 1/11/2018 at 7:35 PM, wdwerker said:

I did get a new stud finder, it's about 6" wide and has 60 sensors, so 3 LED's light up and show you both edges and the center of the stud. Plus it runs on 2- AA batteries.

Got mine from Costco yesterday. Seems to be a decent thing.

2 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Comedian Steven Wright did a bit about a switch in his house that didn't seem to control anything. Every so often he would flip it a few times just to check. One day the neighbor comes to the door yelling " Stop it ! "

My favorite comedian.

Bought some primer for some MDF BS I'm working on...

Visited the humane society which didn't have many animals (which is good)... Went to another place which always has great animals to adopt. Mostly the sought after "designer" breeds.... Almost bought a puggle. Great animal... 

34 minutes ago, Llama said:

Bought some primer for some MDF BS I'm working on...

Visited the humane society which didn't have many animals (which is good)... Went to another place which always has great animals to adopt. Mostly the sought after "designer" breeds.... Almost bought a puggle. Great animal... 

Since my wolves died, all I have left is a Lab and a Great Dane. Sure miss those two beauties.

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Since my wolves died, all I have left is a Lab and a Great Dane. Sure miss those two beauties.

Hey Rick, I knew you had the wolves but I didn't realise  you had any other dogs. How old is your great dane ? 

My wife got me this puppy great dane as a surprise bday present in November 

20180113_122849.jpg

I scratched an itch this morning....then I gave that stud finder a workout hanging drapes & shelves. It isn't perfect, I got a few false readings but it worked  better and faster than any stud finder I've ever used. You just put it on the wall and press the button. No wait for it to calibrate, if it's over a stud it lights up the location. Then it lights up the locations as you slide it across the wall.  There seems to be a slight lag time but after you stop for a few seconds it catches up.  I did double check with a magnet before I screwed into a stud. 

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

The Dane will be 1 year old next week. I see yours is a Harlequin.  Mine is to, but mines a tad different , he has blue eyes, and I'm going to need some saddle work for this big guy. 

100_1655.JPG

DSC01673.JPG

DSC01804.JPG

He is a cutie!

This is my third dane and I think he will be the biggest. His dad is 205lbs and his mom is 176lbs. He is 15 weeks old and must weigh almost 50lbs ! His eyes are blue as well but we cant be sure they are going to stay that way. 

21 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Why has no one made the aweful but necessary joke "Stud finders don't work a round me" yet?

I got my shop rewired so the lights circuit isn't switching outlets in other parts of the house. Now i'm organizing my shop.

I just recently rewired my light circuit to also kill my overhead garage lifter. Nobody parks in the shop so the door shouldn't ever need to lift with the lights off. Just a little safety feel good for me.

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

He is a cutie!

This is my third dane and I think he will be the biggest. His dad is 205lbs and his mom is 176lbs. He is 15 weeks old and must weigh almost 50lbs ! His eyes are blue as well but we cant be sure they are going to stay that way. 

DSC01718.JPG

• Like 1

A friend brought over his router table top so that we could enlarge the opening to fit his new Incra Mast-R-Lift plate on the CNC router.

Worked like a charm!

Today is the wife's 60th birthday, so we're heading to a movie and dinner after I take her breakfast in bed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1